Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Curious Cat ...

Week Number 330



1) What makes you smile like nothing else can?

My pets.  All of them ... they make me laugh, they make me cry and sometimes they make me worry.  But a day doesn't pass in my life that I don't get an "up" moment (which includes the smile) from one or all of my pets (four cats and a dog).

2) Are there any reality TV shows you'd try out for?

Are you kidding ... try out for?  I don't even watch them.  I would be embarrassed to be seen behaving the way they do on those programs.  It doesn't speak well for the level of intelligence of our society.  Sorry ... Amen!
3) Tell about a family member you're very proud of.
I am proud of my daughter.  She has had disabilities all of her life.  As she got older they seemed to compound and become overwhelming.  She continues to fight on even thought there is very little to fight for.  She spends most of her time alone doing things she gets some satisfaction out of and yet she still has a sense of humor and a beautiful smile.  I love her dearly.

4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.


This makes me think of the sad state of gun control in our country.  I have nothing against people owning guns and keeping them safely locked up in their homes for protection.  I have nothing against the sportsman who enjoys his hunting or target practice or even competitions.  I am offended by the laws that are being past that allow people to carry guns with them anywhere, into bars ... have a few drinks and then what?  Are we crazy or what?  Then there is the criminal element ... gangs, Drug Lords, thieves ... really?  They can have automatic weapons?  And we expect our police to go out against them and protect us?  What happened to common sense?  The people in this country have gone so far to the extreme that they are going to cause us to self destruct.  Nice thought, huh!

1 comment:

Edna B said...

Hooray for you. I couldn't have said it any better. Amazing, once "those in power" began changing the way our constitution is "interpretted" so many things began going wrong.

I did not know about "MyFreeCopyright" so I am going to look into it now. Thank you, and you have a wonderful day. Hugs, Edna B.

Rain Frances Creations ... Rabbits

  Rabbits Rabbit Art Bun was my Granddaughter's rabbit ... sadly he passed away this year.  RIP Bun ... Andrea @ From the Sol