Monday, April 14, 2014

Our World Tuesday



I could wait no longer ... as Spring was not Springing in my yard I went to the Botanical Gardens and found some Spring in a tent.  Not exactly how I would want it ... But the Spring Antique and Flower Show was wonderful.  Much to expansive to cover in this post so I will be alluding to it from time to time in future posts, but for now Enjoy!


Chicago Botanical Gardens Antique and Flower Show 








It is less than 40 degrees outside (yes it is April 14th), the sky is gray and uninviting and alas, it is snowing :(  But, I can feel Spring coming when I look at these pictures.  Hope it is warm and sunny where you are and I wish you all a warm and wonderful Easter Weekend ... :)

13 comments:

Fun60 said...

Sorry but we are having some beautiful Spring weather.

Elephant's Child said...

Such a treat. And I bet it smelled delicious too.

islandwonder said...

Those flowers are beautiful. Hoping spring finds you soon.

orchid0324 said...

Dearest Andrea;
Wow, beautiful spring flowers♡♡♡ Wishing your spring will come in no time!
I DO hope you will have a great Easter.

Sending you Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

HI Andrea What a bevy of beauty you saw at the Botanical Gardens. Love the statues also.

eileeninmd said...

The weather has been a roller coaster ride lately.. Love the pretty flowers and statues.. Have a happy week!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh be still my heart!!! I would so have loved to attend with you...such beauty!

Stewart M said...

In the end you have to find spring wherever you can find it!

I don't think the possums in my pictures are "babies" - the "nest" is a day time bolt hole for the nocturnal possums. I think they should be OK for passes for a winter here!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Veronica Roth said...

Holy smokes, lucky you, flowers and antiques, my most favourite combination. :)

The Queen Jester said...

Those bright spring blooms give one hope that it actually is coming. Oh wait...it's already here, at least on the calendar. Cold here in Indiana as well - had snow last night - bleah.

Anonymous said...

It looks amazing. I am sure you had a wonderful time!

Ida said...

Wow that's a lot of gorgeousness. I bet you enjoyed your tour through that garden show. Loved those Urns on the Pedestal with the red/yellow flowers. Also those delicate pink tulips. - So sorry you had snow yet again and such cold temps. Last week was wonderful here. This week (not so much) but we haven't had snow and it's still in the 60's so I'm not complaining.

Electra said...

What I would give to be there, as I watch the snow fall outside my window. Lovely pics!

Rain Frances Creations ... Appliances

  Appliances One has to stretch the imagination to come up with appliance art.  Sorry, no photos to share this week.  I am not in the habit ...