Friday, April 27, 2012

Friendship Friday

Friendship Friday


If Create with Joy's wish were to come true, I wouldn't need to make a wish, but, as there are never any guarantees, I will make a more pragmatic wish.  My wish won't result in monumental change, but it will effect the lives of every individual in a way that they choose.  My wish would be that everyone on earth could have one chance to wish away their heaviest burden.  I still believe that we must make our own way and that changes that don't come from within will end up being superficial.  But, some burdens are not of our own choosing or making and can completely alter our life plan.  If we could wish away just one of those burdens it might leave us with the energy to fulfill our own wishes. 

There is no better feeling than to accomplish something we wish for.  It is the accomplishment that makes it special.  Things that are handed to us soon leave our hearts or minds as being unimportant.  We really don't own them because we haven't put any of ourselves into them.  Uttering a wish is easy.  Having to take ourselves to the place where our wish is accomplished is the challenge.  But, I defer back to my original wish ... we all have burdens that we would like to wish away.  My burden is not really my burden, but that of someone I love.  If her burdens were lifted, I would feel great relief and joy.  I don't really expect it to happen and I am not absolutely sure it would be a good thing, because, over time, we usually realize that things happen for a reason.  So I will qualify my wish with this reminder ... Be careful what you wish for.

3 comments:

troutbirder said...

Indeed. For myself and I'm sure many others those heaviest burdens involve health issues. Unfortunately some are beyond are own control. A wish come truen would be a blessing... :)

Anonymous said...

What a nice post, and so very like you to wish for others. I do agree to be careful what you wish for.

Elephant's Child said...

What a lovely thought. I am not certain I could pin such a wish down for myself. I certainly have health issues I would prefer not to have, but they are part of me, and have contributed to who I am. Can I pass my wish on to another?
I am pretty certain that I am not smart enough to use this power wisely.

Rain Frances Creations ... Appliances

  Appliances One has to stretch the imagination to come up with appliance art.  Sorry, no photos to share this week.  I am not in the habit ...