Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday Selections


I am going to take a shot at something different this week.  I love old buildings.  I think I love them because they are artistic. They are not just something thrown up to serve a purpose, but something to be noticed ... beautiful, if you will, if only in the eyes of the beholder.  The craftsmanship that went into the old buildings was remarkable ... a lost art, I am sad to say.





The above pictures were taken on a college campus ... an old Land Grant School, so you know how long it has been around.  Below are pictures from some of the row houses in the adjoining neighborhood.  They are mostly rented to students ... I hope they appreciate how beautiful they are :)















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How right you are about the craftsmanship in buildings being a lost art, everything nowdays is so...plain!

I love the brown door and all the ornamental ironwork in the railings. This is my type of architecture, love all of it!

Josie Two Shoes said...

I love architecture! These were awesome. We don't have a lot of older buildings here, but some day I'll have to take John out searching for some good shots with his camera. Sounds like a fun weekend project. :-)

One Too Many said...

There is some amazing ironwork and stone carving there!! Nothing like the houses that are being built now!!

Rain Frances Creations ... TADD, Boots

BOOTS So, we have boots on the ground all over the world, but no active fighting on our part.  Thank Heaven for peace.   Wish I could say th...