Monday, October 5, 2015

Nature Footstep ... Catching Light


Last weekend was a full moon weekend of more than usual interest because of the eclipse and the "Blood Moon".  We were told by our weatherman ... "Too Bad, the sky will be covered by clouds so you won't be able to view the eclipse", so, I decided to take a picture of the moon Saturday night when I could see it.

On Sunday the sky was clouded over and so I didn't even attempt to go out, but my neighbor called me and said ... there's a break in the clouds, grab your camera!  Sure enough, for brief period we had on and off glimpses of the Blood Moon and the eclipse ... simply beautiful.  

I know everyone shared their pictures of this wonderful moon last week, but I just had to get my 2 cents in :)

Andrea

7 comments:

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

Lovely job. We also were only able to catch glimpses of it. Wonderful to see all the pictures of it though.

Elephant's Child said...

How very, very beautiful.
Heavy cloud here and we didn't see it. Thank you.

Little Wandering Wren said...

Your two cents are worth it Andrea, wonderful shots :)
Have a happy week.
Wren x

D.Nambiar said...

Oh wow!! Stunning images, Andrea.
I should have taken some trouble to watch for the blood moon. I love, love, love your images.

Have a great week.

D.Nambiar said...

Oh, and it looks like there's little link mistake. You might want to link up this post once again, on Monica's page, I mean.
Happy Monday!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

These images are fantastic Andrea.

NatureFootstep said...

I did not even bother to stay awake. In Sweden it was due in the middle of the night. And my "skyline" is full of trees. The moon usually behind them :( Nice shots.

Rain Frances Creations ... Spoons

Spoons (Background from Google Images) Background from Google Images) What made me think of this nursery rhyme from my youth many moons ago?...