Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mandarin Orange Monday

 
The gorgeous wings of the Monarch Butterfly was my starting point this week.  As art goes, this is already magnificent ... I can't improve on Mother Nature, but I can dabble with her idea's.   I made use of the Clone stamp to expand the picture in different places.  Then I added  pdpa Just Peachy Texture at 50%.  What I did next, I didn't even know I could do ... I used the clone stamp to pull the wing up through the texture layer.  That was as much as I wanted to do ... for me this was a finished product except to play with framing.  I have a preference in the framing ... do you?

 In contrast with nature my next picture is a book on a man made wall shelf.  Very different in effect.  I tweaked the photo with PSE then used the Poster Edge Filter.  I started to frame it with the orange background and found I liked it best with just an orange edging.  So that is what I did. 

 
The last picture I ran across while looking for something for Photo Art Friday.  I actually used this tree on that meme, but I had applied it to this picture with the swans flying.  It, once again, is a different approach to Mandarin Orange Art though because I did it so long ago, I am unsure of what I used to get the effects.
That's all Folks, as the saying goes ...

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic digital alterations of the monarch. I love the tree photo. It looks like a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get the Monarch butterfly here too - though it is (accurately) known as the Wanderer. I loved all of these but the swans won my heart.
    Framing for the Monarch? The simpler the better. It is sufficiently beautiful to require no embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures, but my favorite is the last one with the trees. This is gorgeous! Have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a great job!

    Visiting from Mandarin Orange Monday, here's my Orange

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those!

    Visiting from Mandarin Orange Monday.
    My Orange entry
    Your comment is always a delight to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Andrea for explaining your techniques - it was most interesting - especially the bit about pulling the wing up through the texture layers. I must try that technique too. And I do like the framing and how the part of the image that is within the square is stronger in contrast and colour - a bit like a magnifying glass over it. The lilac texture in the background and merging with the edges of the butterfly is lovely.

    I think you gave the book a sort of rich, aged (matured?) effect. The white gives it definition- which i like too.

    And your final pic is veyr pretty and delicate I think - especially the lovely textures in the foliage.

    I seem to have got a bit carried away here!! thanks for being part of Mandarin Orange Monday:)

    ReplyDelete