Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Wild Bird Wednesday


The Ruddy Duck
 I have not seen these ducks on our lake before.  They are a group that are migrating through.  I have seen them in Wisconsin, so maybe they don't have too far to go.




Here the markings of the female and male are clear.  The female has a slight line through the light section of her face and the male, with very distinct coloring, has a bright baby blue bill during mating season.

This little fella ... perhaps a juvenile.  He/she has no markings and no up lifted tail ... but otherwise, looks like a Ruddy Duck.

Andrea

3 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Lovely sighting

NatureFootstep said...

a bird unfamiliar to me. Great to see them :)

You seem to be "back in business" again. And I am soon to be mad. I have to unpack the new computer and start to transfer all information. Not fun :(

Edna B said...

I have not seen these ducks. Wonderful shots. How will you and your family be spending the holiday weekend? Pogo and I will stay in and watch the fireworks on TV. We'll be busy over the next two weeks shopping for things for our new porch. Oh boy!!

I finally decided to go for broke. Instead of having just the porch built, I'm having it screened in with roof overhead. At our age, Pogo and I deserve the joys of lazing about on a screened porch of our own.

Pogo sends woofs and a big lick to Izzi. Hope she is getting about better now. You have a wonderful weekend my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

Rain Frances Creations ... Disco

  Saturday Night Live There's John ... and then there's Bugs ... You Choose 😁 Disco was a big part of my younger years and I still...