Friday, July 4, 2014

National Anthem


Happy Independence Day!

I don't think I can remember a moment that was more moving than this singing of our National Anthem by Whitney Houston ... It brought tears to peoples eyes and our pride welled up in our hearts.  It was a time when we all stood together only 12 years ago ... Today we are a country divided and dysfunctional as we stand by watching as our democracy slips away and our people struggle.  I have mixed feelings on this day ... my prayer is that we find our way back so that my children and grandchildren can know the greatness of their country.  Don't take this day for granted ... be a good citizen.   Do your part, vote if you can and speak up for your rights.  Happy Independence Day Everyone ...

1 comment:

Sylvia K said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Sadly, I feel the same way you do about our country today. Hope you have a lovely day!

Rain Frances Creations ... Spoons

Spoons (Background from Google Images) Background from Google Images) What made me think of this nursery rhyme from my youth many moons ago?...