Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Wild Bird Wednesday



Red Breasted Mergansers 

The wonderful thing about the arrival of the Pelicans is that they bring with them groups of other migrating water birds. This is a group of Red Breasted Mergansers which I am not sure I have ever seen on our lake before.
  

But, not unlike the Common Mergansers, it became clear that there were some shenanigans going on out there :)

Yes, just like on the school yards you remember as kids, the boys are trying to get the attention of the girls ...

And there she is being coy as you might expect ...


 So the show goes on ...












  Then a close up attempt and ...


Is it a rebuff or an acceptance?



Well, all's well that ends well  :)  I wish I could be around to see the little Mergansers.  I am thinking they will be adorable :)

Andrea

7 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love this series on the Mergansers. They are cool birds. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

Elephant's Child said...

Ooooooh.
Lucky you. And I hope the Merganser got lucky too.

Linda said...

Spring is in the air!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around. Do you remember that song Andrea? I loved it. fits this post and I am singing it. Can you hear it?

NatureFootstep said...

wonderful to see that display, isn´t it? We don´t have that one either. The male looks very different. Nice shots.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I do remember that song and, like you, I love it ... now that you have sung it for me, I will have it running around in my head the rest of the day and will probably end up humming it and then it will be running around in my husbands head. Isn't it wonderful to share :) Thanks, Margaret ...

Andrea

A Colorful World said...

Delightful post! They must have been such fun to watch! :-)

Rain Frances Creations ... Appliances

  Appliances One has to stretch the imagination to come up with appliance art.  Sorry, no photos to share this week.  I am not in the habit ...