Saturday, April 16, 2016

s-A(R)T-urday Art Linkup




Night Owl 


I am not a night owl.  In fact, I am very much a morning person ... actually, I can go full speed through most of the day as long as I get my night of sleep.  My husband, on the other hand is a night owl ( this picture is in his honor :) and drags into the bedroom long after I have fallen asleep.  This works well for us considering that we are retired and would be in each others face all day if we kept to same hours.  This way I have my mornings to myself, he gets up late and we share the rest of the day (if I am home, that is) and then he has his late evenings to himself.  I highly recommend this routine ... it keeps the peace, so to speak.  

Andrea

5 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Similar here. Himself gets up at the crack of noon if he has his druthers.
Love, love, love that owl.

Little Wandering Wren said...

Hi Andrea love your Night Owl and tips for a long and peaceful marriage! We are the opposite I'm a bit of a night owl!
Have a great week.
Wren x

Claudia W | ImagesByCW said...

Your routine sounds vaguely familiar, Andrea. Ours is similar, yet modified since we are both working full time. But we both have our own me-times either early morning or late at night. I agree that it is good to have a bit of one's own space to share the rest.
Have a wonderful Sunday!

Edna B said...

I have to agree with you and all the others. Some "me" time is very important to keeping a marriage running smoothly. I love your Night Owl image. You are very lucky. I have never seen a live owl up close in person. Or from far away either!

Yesterday I had a very enjoyable afternoon watching Jazzy perform in Peter Pan. And last evening, Joe cooked supper and shared with Pogo and me. A nice ending for a super day.

Pogo sends woofs and a big lick for Izzi. Hope she is feeling better. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

LA Botchar said...

Same story here - except I am the night owl. I had to change that for a few years when the kids were really little, and it was hard going against my nature! With hubby being a shift worker, I still have to get up most mornings with the kids, so it's a good thing I can function on about 5 hours sleep.

Rain Frances Creations ... Wheels

  Part of FH's Sinclair Oil Collection Old Art   Can you find 4 cats? New Art Watched the eclipse with my Granddaughter ...  it was awes...