Sunday, October 20, 2013

Mandarin Orange Monday

 
This is where I began today ... I will let you guess what it is :)
 
The first step is always to "orangify".  I do that various ways ... in this case I painted the background and then posterized it to get some depth.
 
I finished this version by using filters, starting with water color, lighting effects and one more filter which escapes me at the moment. 
 
I then decided to start again with a different approach, so I used the Enhance color adjust to "orangify".
 
Added one of Bonnie's (Pixel Dust Photo Art) textures ...
 
Some color ...
 
And finished with the Fresco filter
I know there are so many more options I have ... different approaches, but I seem to be stuck with the ones I use most of the time.  One of these days I will start exploring again, but, in the meantime, this is it, folks ... MOM

Have  A Great Week :)

11 comments:

lorik said...

Andrea this must be my very favourite collection of your work! They just got better and better as I scrolled down.Hard to choose a favourite....maybe 2nd and 2nd last. The second last is cheery and positive....just what I need at the moment. And I really appreciated your perceptive comment on MoM. You really really do "read between the lines" and I think we must be very like minded in many ways. It is a pleasure to know you...and to look at and read about your art too:) It is such fun seeing how you have gone about things. Thanks for being such a special part of MoM:)

lorik said...

Oops...I forgot to tell you my guess... a fried egg on a plate??

Elephant's Child said...

Gorgeous. And I would guess an egg as well. Looking better than they usually do.

Jane said...

Wow it really changed as you added different colors or textures- I like the last one best! Is it a cup of coffee with cream and chocolate bits?

Edna B said...

My guess would have been something (food) on a small plate. My goodness, you certainly had fun with this one. Isn't it amazing how just simple filters can change things so? I like your editing here, and I have to agree that the last one is probably the best. Now I have to go make something for MOM too. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

The Queen Jester said...

And here I was thinking I needed to find something orange to photo today while out and about - but now I know I can just do something abstract...which actually seems a lot harder, I think I'll go look for something orange!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

HI These are wonderful works of art. I wish I could do this,perhaps one day. I have to be honest, I had not idea what the original was. I would agree not with Jane but look forward to finding out what you started with.

Bruno Laliberté said...

I like the second approach better.
And I know what you mean: I'm also set in my ways on how I edit my pictures.
As long as we enjoy ourselves,
why question it?!?
Have a great week!!
:)~
HUGZ

Anonymous said...

Very creative photography editing for Mandarin ~ thanks, carol ^_^

http://www.acreativeharbor.com

NatureFootstep said...

I like the patterns on the plate(?) And my favourite is your final one. :)

Jeanne said...

These are very fascinating! Isn't it fun to see the amazing things that you can do with photo editing. Could spend your entire day doing this! So fun

Rain Frances Creations ... TADD, Boots

BOOTS So, we have boots on the ground all over the world, but no active fighting on our part.  Thank Heaven for peace.   Wish I could say th...