Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Our World Tuesday


OMG ... Hannah's is going out of business ...

My neighbor and I went out to coffee early ... parked our car in Hanna's lot and walked to the coffee shop.  When we got back the line wasn't too bad so we stood to wait.  This little girl and her mother were waiting in front of us ... too cute not to snap a picture.

Once we were inside it was mayhem, much like you see in the movies.  People pushing and pulling at the merchandise and each other.  





Everything was 20% off ... really?  I was hoping for 50% or 75% off.  But it didn't seem to matter to the crowd.

Lines started forming at the cash registers ...


That's my stuff in her basket ... she was nice enough to let me set it down as we waited our turn (Isn't she sweet!)



One of the harried cashiers ...
I really missed the boat on this post.  I should have taken a picture of the line outside that wrapped around the block ... and if I had been brave enough I would have snapped a picture or two of the ladies squabbling over the purses, but you get the gist of this sale.  There is more to this story, however.  This is the second long time small business that has closed down in our little town this summer ... It speaks to the economy and how our congress has refused to pass anything to support the middle class.  I guess if we were billionaires we wouldn't have to worry, right?  Sad but true ...

6 comments:

Edna B said...

Wow, you got a lot of great pix! The best day to shop for bargains when a store is closing is the first day, however, the discount is the smallest on that day. By the time the discount is sizable, there's not much merchandise left to buy. So goes it! I hope you found some super goodies!

I love the photo of Izzi lazing in the sun under by the tree. Remember when we were younger how we loved to play and rest in the sun? Hmmm, I'm wondering if that's where most of my wrinkles came from. Remember the black tar streets, and going barefoot and bursting all the tar bubbles with our toes? Oh such fun memories.

It doesn't seem possible that your trip is coming up so soon. I'd love to fit in your suitcase! I'll be thinking of you, so send home some photos when you can. Now it's time for me to get dressed and get started on this new day. You and Izzi have a fabulous day, woofs (from Pogo of course) and hugs, Edna B.

Mersad said...

Those are very lively images. I know the rush was no fun, but it certainly is fun to look at.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Elephant's Child said...

Sad, and all too common. You captured the madness well.

Little Wandering Wren said...

I get a real sense of the frenetic excitement of the sale and the sadness at the closure of the store from this post. Hopefully you got some good purchases and a few bargains :)
Wren x

The Queen Jester said...

Nothing brings the crazies out like a liquidation sale. Oooops! I guess you and "your neighbor" would fit in that category as well then...but then you already knew that.
I'm so excited for you to be off on your trip and to hear about all your adventures.

Anonymous said...

Well, you certainly captured the mayhem! Yikes!

Rain Frances Creations ... Spoons

Spoons (Background from Google Images) Background from Google Images) What made me think of this nursery rhyme from my youth many moons ago?...