Thursday, February 7, 2013

Inspiration Avenue

Bridges ...
 Bridges can be architecturally beautiful or symbolically meaningful.  I love bridges and never really thought about why ... Some, like this very old railroad bridge, are just beautiful to look at and some, like the bridge over the expressway, I would probably never notice if someone didn't say "take a picture of a bridge".   But, if you dip into philosophy, you will find poetry and prose alike singing the praise of, or suffering the pain of, a symbolic bridge in life.  This is not a simple subject and could lead us in many directions ... hopefully to the other side of an imagined obstacle.  I think the bridge is well worth exploring.



Cross Over ... Life is Good

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love bridges...of all kinds. Your photos are just great....so different!

I especially love #1 as it draws you into the picture!

Great job this week!

Edna B said...

Your bridges are wonderful. I especially love the first one. We have some like it here, next town over. Reminds me of the cobblestone streets of when I was young.

You have a fabulous day, hugs, Edna B.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic bridges! I especially like the first one.

Anonymous said...

Well, you know I love bridges. I took several pictures of them on my Road Trip. I have shared some, and will be sharing more over time. These are great.

The Queen Jester said...

You observation of bridges being very symbolic is right on. This could be said of any portal I suppose but bridges are much more meaningful to me. To enter a doorway is to move from one area immediately to another. To cross a bridge takes a conscious decison to leave behind something familiar and transverse a longer path to the unfamiliar. This was a beautiful post. I always look forward to your insight and inspiration.

Carola Bartz said...

Just like you, I love bridges as well. Your photos here show a beautiful variety, and such neat processing! I enjoyed your post very much.

Rain Frances Creations ... TADD, Boots

BOOTS So, we have boots on the ground all over the world, but no active fighting on our part.  Thank Heaven for peace.   Wish I could say th...