Sunday, November 10, 2013

Mandarin Orange Monday

http://lorikart.com/2013/11/10/mandarin-orange-monday-67/
 
 
When I look out my window this is what I see ... How could one not take a picture.  AND ... it's orange.  I don't even have to orangify it for MOM :)


But you know I will ...

and then a little more using posterize and enhance color on PSE ...

And, here we go ... add a texture with color and use the mask/brush ...

Oops ... what's this?  This is a picture of a quilt that I took at the quilt show at the Botanical Gardens ... Beautiful, right? ( I have to admit I intensified the colors some :)

Ah oh ... they collided ...

They are morphing ...
I'm Done ... :)
Happy MOM Everyone ...

5 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Ooh and ahhh. Thank you. Your artistic eye and skill are an ongoing delight.

Edna B said...

Very creative, Andrea. What a gorgeous sight to behold when you look out your window. I must say that I like the original and the next image the best. Isn't it amazing that we have such beautiful foliage this late into the year? I am always so impressed with the beauty He bestows upon us. You have a wonderful day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

The Queen Jester said...

You really take this to some lengths, I like the one with the texture the best.

lorik said...

Not sure what happened to my first comment a few hours ago.. obviously I did something wrong.! But I do remember saying how much I would enjoy eating my breakfast looking out through your window..such a lovely tree...and its real colours too. I also noticed the little star in the first ones..and wondered if it was a little surprise or trick? A magic find? :) i love the collisions and the morphing....beautiful work Andrea. And it was fun reading your descriptions. Thanks for sharing on MoM #67:)

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Actually, Lori, it is not a surprise or a trick (wish I were so clever). It is a sticker that I put on all of my windows ... it reflects iridescent light and warns the birds that this is a window. I still get bird hits now and then, but not nearly as often as before I put the stickers up.

Andrea

Rain Frances Creations ... Appliances

  Appliances One has to stretch the imagination to come up with appliance art.  Sorry, no photos to share this week.  I am not in the habit ...