Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Wild Bird Wednesday


A Chukar ...




Nobody was more surprised than we were (I was at the Bong Nature Conservatory with my friend) to see this strange bird making it's way down the road we were on.  We followed it until it disappeared into the brush. ( The pictures are not clear because I was taking them through my, apparently dirty, car windows.)  The Chukar  is a bird native to South East Asia and the Middle East.  It was introduced in the USA as a game bird and lives primarily in the western states.  I am assuming this is a juvenile as it's coloring hasn't fully developed, but he was a treat to see.  

Andrea

7 comments:

Breathtaking said...

Hello!:) What an exciting find!

Elephant's Child said...

I found out about chukars from a bird blog in Utah I follow. In their adult plumage they make me think of the Beagle Boys...

Edna B said...

I've never seen or heard of this bird, but he is definitely beautiful. Thanks for the photos. It's a shame though, that he bred only to be a game bird.

You and Izzi have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

A Colorful World said...

I've never heard of this interesting bird! He reminds me of a chicken!

Lea said...

What an interesting bird!
Hope you are having a great day!

Stewart M said...

We both have a 'game' bird this week - if the chukars are as small brained as the pheasants they won't be doing very well! I always think my car windows are clean until I take a picture through one!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Rohrerbot said...

You are correct. This is a juvenile Chukkar! Awesome bird! Congrats!

Rain Frances Creations ... TADD, Boots

BOOTS So, we have boots on the ground all over the world, but no active fighting on our part.  Thank Heaven for peace.   Wish I could say th...