Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Wild Bird Wednesday


Still Limping Along with my Phone Camera ...
Mr. and Mrs. Canadian Goose

 A flock of Cormorants

Pied-Billed Grebes

Don't get me wrong.  I love my phone camera and it does take great pictures, just not of birds.  I need to be able to zoom in on a bird to get decent detail and though (yes, I have a little tiny phone camera zoom lens) it is possible to use a zoom on my phone, by the time I get it out, attach it and focus, the birds are long gone ... and to be honest it isn't convenient to keep the lens attached because then my phone doesn't fit in my pocket.  Life sure is hard sometimes ... I hope I get my camera back soon :(

Andrea

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Good shots from your camera phone. They are handy, but just not as powerful as a hand held camera. I hope you get it back soon.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I would the zoom on the phone cameras was better. They are great birds and sightings. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

Elephant's Child said...

I hope you get your camera back soon too.
Your cormorants swim MUCH higher in the water than ours (see my latest Sunday Selections post).

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Those are pretty good with your phone, but I'm sorry your real camera is in the hospital ! I remember the old days when I was happy just to see birds, maybe make a note about where we were ...then along came digital cameras and now...if I don't get a good picture it doesn't count :((

Rohrerbot said...

I know that feeling having gone through it myself. Hang in there. Keep birding and exploring. This too shall pass:)

Linda said...

I, too, hope you get your camera back soon. I lost mine a couple of years ago on a bus, I think, and sadly, it never got returned. Your photos are beautiful, and so nice to see the Canada geese! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

Edna B said...

Wow, I get all excited when we see one cormorant at our park. You have a whole pond full of them. Amazing. I know what you mean about the lenses for the phone camera. I tried them too, but it just wasn't convenient to be taking them in and out all the time. In the end, nothing really replaces our cameras.

Pogo sends woofs to Izzi. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

Breathtaking said...

Hello!:) I also hope you get your digital camera back soon. I was lost without mine when it broke. Good sightings!:)

NatureFootstep said...

maybe not good for bird shots but the images will do great as abstracts :) Play with them :)

Rain Frances Creations ... TADD, Boots

BOOTS So, we have boots on the ground all over the world, but no active fighting on our part.  Thank Heaven for peace.   Wish I could say th...