Thursday, November 9, 2023

Thursday Art & Dinner Date! ... Trains


 TRAINS

I only have one train for you today in an older piece of artwork .  I am back doing another project and my Christmas card, so I am finding it hard to spend time perusing my files for trains, though I know I have pictures of freight trains with graphics painted on the side.  Maybe another time.  Things are busy around here.  My son and his wife are preparing to go to Thailand for the winter and I am going to be the adult in the room for my Granddaughter who, though she is very responsible and independent, she also has a boyfriend now, so ... well, need I say more :) So it has been cold and gray ... very winter like (sadly).  I was hoping we would see a nice Indian Summer, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards.  Hope you all are having some final days of fall ... then dress warmly and stay well.

Andrea @ From The Sol 

11 comments:

Taken For Granted said...

I remember Snidley Whiplash, but that was a long time ago. You must have seen these programs on rerun as you are too young.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Good ole Snidley
Coffee is on

Elephant's Child said...

Smiling at Snidely. You will be very busy, but look after yourself. And your own holiday is not far away.

Christine said...

Good train piece you found Andrea! Good luck 'babysitting'!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Well, Andrea, I shall just have to train my thoughts on you. I will be in the express lane and will not get moved into the siding. My locomotion will be sprightly. I shall be moving down the track at a clackety-clack speed, and I will give a rousing greeting on my air horn as I zoom along. My engine will be called the Andrea Express! Be sure to watch out for me. Hugs - David

Tom said...

...Andrea, I hope that you never get stuck on the tracks!

Carola Bartz said...

Oh, that's an evil one! I don't know Snidley Whiplash...
You sound busy - I think this is just one of the busiest times of the year. In my little Etsy store the Christmas shopping has started, and since some of my items are made to order I'm quite busy right now. Plus the German School board meetings etc. This, too, shall pass. Have a lovely weekend, Andrea.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Hi, Andrea: Stewart Monckton is staying with us right now and he tells me that he will be meeting up with you in Melbourne in the next little while. It’s a small world sometimes, isn’t it? David xo

Rain said...

Oh Snidley's at it again! ☺☺ I wish you could have gone to Thailand with them!

Dozen Spins said...

Your post was a delight to read! Please continue sharing your insights. I'm eager for more!

DVArtist said...

Hi. I love your art. If you come to FFO this week there is a link for AI. Have a nice day.

Rain Frances Creations ... Disco

  Saturday Night Live There's John ... and then there's Bugs ... You Choose 😁 Disco was a big part of my younger years and I still...