Sunday, August 17, 2014

Mandarin Orange Monday

Mandarin Orange Monday

I have always loved Thai food.  My Bil and Sil* lived in Thailand for five years close to 20 years ago and we often went in search of a good Thai Restaurant when they came to visit.  But , now I have a new reason to love Thai ... My daughter-in-law to be is from there and she will be introducing all kinds of new culture into our lives.  So, I decided to get a head start ... my friend and I went to a Thai restaurant for some good Thai food.  This is Thai ice tea ... it is very strong, but when you mix in the whip cream, it is delicious and Orange :)





So we had a nice conversation over our Thai Ice Tea and then a wonderful meal with enough left over to feed ourselves for two more meals ... Yummm.  If you haven't tried Thai food, you should, especially if you aren't afraid of a little spicy. Here's to a spiced up MOM !

*Brother-in-law and Sister-in-law

8 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Yum. I love Thai food. And Vietnamese. And Indian. Spice and flavour are always good.
Love your take on orange today too.

Zosia said...

I never tried one of these. Looks very enticing. I like the colour too.

Edna B said...

Wow, I love what you've done with this photo. I've never tried Thai food. I don't really like spicy. But the image transformation is wicked nice. good job, Andrea. Have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Lmkazmierczak said...

Hah! Love your spiced up versions♪

The Queen Jester said...

Thai food is very nice - flavorful without being hot...unless you dare to go to their extremes.

Anonymous said...

This is a great addition to your MOM meme. And I see you had fun with it, too!

lorik said...

I love Thai food too..and congratulations on having a new member in the family. My daughter in law is Italian , but born here so it is her mother that cooks us the yummy Italian food. I love what you did with the orange drinks...they way you humanised them and turned them into two people communicating. Great idea, feeling and art:) Thanks for sharing, as always, on Mandarin Orange Monday. And have a great time in Switzerland!

Rachel B said...

Very interesting edits! The 3rd one is my favourite.

Rain Frances Creations ... Disco

  Saturday Night Live There's John ... and then there's Bugs ... You Choose 😁 Disco was a big part of my younger years and I still...