Thursday, November 30, 2023

Thursday Art & Dinner Date! ... Pockets


 Pockets 
I chose to use the "pockets" in Marsupials.  Technically, the pockets in Marsupials are referred to as pouches, so I am stretching the definition a little for the purpose of this post :)
Kangaroo Mom and Joey (pastels with a digital
background)

Koala Bear Mom and Joey (water color)

It is the first time in awhile that I have had time to sit down and enjoy creating my own art.  This was fun ... 
Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving and a fun weekend.  
We are now buried in our first layer of snow with below freezing temperatures ... Brrrrrr ! Already looking forward to Spring 😁

Andrea @ From the Sol


8 comments:

DVArtist said...

I'm so glad you had time to create, because your art is amazing. I can't wait to see more of it. Have a great day today.

Christine said...

We thought alike Andrea!

Elephant's Child said...

Love that you turned to my country for inspiration this week. Thank you.

Tom said...

...fabulous pockets, this was struggle for me.

Rostrose said...

Dear Andrea,
how wonderful that you had time to create your own art again - and the output is great! For me, koalas are among the most adorable animals and I also really like kangaroos, so I'm very happy about your "pocket animals" :-D
In Austria it's now cold, too - and may be we will have snow in the garden tomorrow morning - let's wait and see...
All the best and have a good weekend, Traude
🥁🧸🍸🕯️☕🧸🍸☕🕯️🧸🥁
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/11/govt-mule-kindergeburtstag-und.html

EricaSta said...

Thank you for your wonderful post.

Art in everyday life helps - as it does for me - to overcome the heaviness of these days with war and differences.

Now I wish you and your dear family a festive 1st Advent. Hugs from Heidrun

peppylady (Dora) said...

Australian Animals well done.

Rain said...

I'm so happy you had fun creating your art, which is great! I love the koala bear painting Andrea! ♥

Rain Frances Creations ... Disco

  Saturday Night Live There's John ... and then there's Bugs ... You Choose 😁 Disco was a big part of my younger years and I still...