Monday, March 12, 2012

Week Number 314

Curious Cat

3/12/2012

Week Number 314


1) Would you ever take a bouquet of flowers from a funeral or cemetery and give it to someone else?
Absolutely not.  Those flowers were left there by a loving friend or family and they should remain at the grave site.


2) What didn't you get the first time through?
I didn't get that looks are only skin deep.  I know it was normal immaturity, but when I look back on my younger years and think of all the people I passed on because they weren't one of the "pretty" people, it makes me sad.  Fortunately I grew up and now have many friends of every ilk and I love them all.  Just a side note ... I find I am much more choosy about who my friends are at this age.  Friendship in it's finest form is what I seek, not a surface, social friendships.  My time is too valuable for that.

3) Would you rather be ugly and marry a good looking person or be good looking and marry an ugly person?
Again, when I was young, I really based my initial choice on looks, but I soon learned after a few boyfriends that pretty isn't always pretty.  So to the question, I don't think I would ever want to be ugly, though they say it is character building, but I know I could marry an ugly man if I got to know him and how beautiful he was on the inside.  So I guess, be pretty and marry an ugly man.
But, if you look at my Monday blog, you will see that I was lucky enough to marry someone who had both good looks and is beautiful inside.

4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.

Public Domain Photo
 

This is perfect timing.  Last week I featured a poetry reading and it included an open mic.  The open mic was awesome and this picture brings that all up for me again.  I especially enjoyed a young college student who read a poem she had written to immortalize an old man that she knew and loved.  Her poem and presentation was amazing.  It also reminds me, as a photographer, that I was so captivated by her reading, I forgot to take her picture.  Those missed opportunities haunt me.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Great answers... would anyone take flowers from a funeral

Rain Frances Creations ... Disco

  Saturday Night Live There's John ... and then there's Bugs ... You Choose 😁 Disco was a big part of my younger years and I still...