Friday, March 23, 2012

Friendship Friday

Friendship Friday 11 – Day Tripping

Friendship Friday at Create With Joy
Question Of The WeekWhere are some of your favorite places to spend the day?
Let’s share our ideas and plan some exciting day trips this spring!

My interests are many so there are a lot of places I would go.  I love the outdoors and I live in an area where there are many Forest Preserves and State Parks.  Walking with my dog and my camera in any of the areas is an adventure, especially now when the spring migrations are going on.  We have a park near by that has a population of Norther Harriers by day and long eared owls at night.  If you go at dusk you may see both as they change up.  Unfortunately because it is getting dark and because you have to stay a distance away from the area so you don't frighten the birds away, I have never been able to capture either in a picture.

My next place of interest is to the home of a friend who houses raptors on her property for the Northern Illinois Raptor Center.  We have been friends for a long time and worked together at the Raptor Rehab center that , sadly, was closed because the municipality stopped funding it.  Anyway, I digress.  When I go to my friends she is kind enough to allow me to walk with her Barred Owl and her male American Kestrel.  What a joy ... they think I am taking them for a walk, but really, they are taking me for a walk into their world were few have the opportunity to tread.

Another place of interest is the Art Museum.  I have a friend who is a member and we take trips to see the new exhibits and browse through the permanent exhibits.  They have wonderful collections of all kind of paintings and sculptures.  Then I am drawn to the gift shop ... you know shopping will be in my list sooner or later so this is a good place for it.  Their gifts are unique and beautiful as you would imagine.  I try to think "Christmas" when I am there, no matter what the time of year.  That's how I justify spending the money :)

Another favorite, though it doesn't take all day, is Julie's Coffee shop.  I did a feature on her shop in my Blog.  It is the perfect place to go if you love art, photography, coffee and good conversation.  It is my destination whenever I can fit it into my usually hectic schedule.  Enough for now ... These are all of the things that would be my first choices and it has been fun writing about them. 

2 comments:

Create With Joy said...

Andrea,

A warm welcome to you from Create With Joy & Friendship Friday - I'm SO delighted that you have found us and are joining our circle of friends!

I really love your suggestions and see from exploring your blog that you love animals and photography, just like I do. Your World Bird photos were gorgeous - I host Wordless Wednesday if you'd like to share your photos there. I also host Inspire Me Monday, a weeklong creative party where you can share just about anything you create or write about anything that inspires you - it's an awesome place to connect and share!

I am now following you and look forward to getting to know you. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for blessing me with your sweet comments!

Ramona

Create With Joy
http://create-with-joy.com

Unknown said...

I would love to see raptors... how awesome is that? And watching owls come home for the night (or out for the night) would be something I would really enjoy as well!

Rain Frances Creations ... Appliances

  Appliances One has to stretch the imagination to come up with appliance art.  Sorry, no photos to share this week.  I am not in the habit ...