Thursday, December 10, 2020

Thursday Art Date With Rain ... Cubism


 

I wasn't sure what to do with this prompt.  I thought I had never done "Cubism" art, but in looking through my files, I think I may have.  This first piece is an old piece that started out with a picture of a Cooper's Hawk.  


But, that was all I was able to find so I was forced to try to create my own ...
 Da Boyz


Dumbo


This is a purely digital attempt ... experiment .  I am not sure if it really fits the category of "Cubism" but if intentions mean anything, it will do.
Our country has exploded with Covid 19 ... it isn't safe anywhere and the vaccine is still in the future.  I pray that all of you who live here are heeding the precautions from the CDC.  It gets harder and harder to believe we will survive this.  Please stay safe and protect yourself as well as others.

Andrea @ From the Sol


9 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Your work most definitely counts as cubism in my eyes.
Stay safe, stay well. And hoping that this nightmare is soon over.

DVArtist said...

Wow you have created some excellent pieces, especially that first one. Well done.

Christine said...

Wow you have cubism well captured here! Very impressive work Andrea!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's my belief you have hit the nail on the head, dear Andrea. You have great examples of cubism, far better than what I created. I love the first two and the cats, especially.

Even the CDC doesn't seem to know what they are doing some of the time, because they are being controlled by the bully pulpit. Stay safe, stay well, stay in, and hopefully we will make it through these times of despair until January 20, when I personally believe things will change.

Rain said...

Hi Andrea :) You definitely captures cubism!!! :) I love Da Boyz :)) And Dumbo is so well done!!! Oh my dear, you should move to my province...at least our covid numbers are lowering now and people are taking mask-wearing seriously. I feel blessed to have moved when I did. Stay safe!!!

NatureFootstep said...

Hi Andrea, You made me smile, that is a good thing for sure. You really was able to hide the Cooper's Hawk. I can´t find any trace of it in your cubism piece. :)
Da Boyz and Dumbo is gorgeous as well. Especially the cats. :)

Glad to learn you too are safe and able to go by without too much interaction with others for the time being. The situation has become much more severe then anyone could have expected. World wide!

Take care! I know you will.

Tom said...

...cubism is an art style that I have always found pleasing and you have some colorful examples. Thanks Andrea for sharing and stopping by. Take care and stay safe.

by EAGHL said...

I enjoyed each space you filled on this post. What I really enjoyed was you extremely kind comment to me on my post. I did not really understand that my art was supposed to be cubism to post there. Oops. Thank you for you kind words to me.

Tom said...

...your comment is there and I thank you for it. The commenting format only hold 50 comment on the first page. Occasionally a post gets more than that, you need to click on "load more" at the bottom of the page to see them. One of the pains about blogger.

Rain Frances Creations ... Disco

  Saturday Night Live There's John ... and then there's Bugs ... You Choose 😁 Disco was a big part of my younger years and I still...