Thursday, November 27, 2014

Giving Thanks



Hello ... I was hoping we could have a little talk before it is too late.  You see, I wanted to tell you that Thanksgiving shouldn't have anything to do with Turkeys.  Yes, I know, you think it is all self interest that motivates this conversation, but that isn't true.  Thanksgiving should be about you ... each of you and the ability to appreciate what you have ... no matter how little or how simple it is, what you have is a gift from God and you need to be thankful ...  and you are, I know you are.  But, back to my original point ... you really don't have to eat a Turkey to prove that you are thankful.  If you really want to show it, give something to someone else who has a need.  That is what I would do ... so click on the link (Giving Thanks)below and see what being thankful is really all about.  And have a wonderful holiday with your family and friends ... just sayin' :)


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Andrea

5 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

HI Andrea I watched the video and was very moved. what the turkey said and the gentleman on the video said was SO TRUE. Thanks for sharing.May God bless you.

Oman said...

Oh no, I agree with you. Everyone's thanks giving is turkey's worst nightmare lol :)

Elephant's Child said...

Happy Thanksgiving indeed. And yes, giving is always a winner. For the donor and the recipient.

Edna B said...

I totally agree that Thanksgiving is a great day to be giving or doing something for someone who is in need. It leaves you with a wonderful feeling. We have so much to be thankful for, and no matter how little one may have, they always have enough to share with someone else.

Pogo and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner with some of the dwarfs and two kitty cats. It was an awesome day! We hope your day was as special as ours was. There are some warmer temps due in over the weekend and I hope they make it to your area too.

You and Izzi have a fabulous day. Hugs, Edna B.

The Queen Jester said...

Very good points.....too often we forget the real reason for the special day. That being said I didn't read this until the day after so my sore, stuffed stomach is not feeling real thankful today.

Rain Frances Creations ... Spoons

Spoons (Background from Google Images) Background from Google Images) What made me think of this nursery rhyme from my youth many moons ago?...