Monday, October 15, 2012

Mandarin Orange Monday

 
 
 
Today my focus is on Sunrises ... no sunsets because my house faces east and Sunrise is what I get.  I'm not complaining, mind you:)  These are all the same shot in the same direction only on different mornings ... Every morning is a new surprise ... I love it!

I used PSE to enhance this picture with brightness/contrast then increased the red and decreased the blue to bring out the orange.  Then I added pdpa Nitty Critty Texture at42%, the mask/brush tool to erase the texture out of the base to preserve the mist.

PSE enhance brightness/contrast then used accentuated edges filter.  There wasn't much more I could do with this one without losing it's own beauty.

PSE enhance brightness/contrast, hue/saturation then the dry brush filter.  I cropped this one to focus on the orange sunrise.

On this one I used two different pictures.  A moon light shining on the lake and a Sunrise.  I enhanced both of them,  used the Accentuated Edges filter on each of them then merged them.  This is the result ... I thought it was interesting :)
All for today ... I hope that you have a beautiful sunrise every day!

8 comments:

Edna B said...

Wow, such beautiful shots. What a view!!!!! To wake up to this every morning is a gift. I love your last image. Fabulous creativity. One would not guess that it is two different photos. Great job. You have a fabulous day, hugs, Edna B.

Faye said...

Double WOW!! What a view you have. Your orange photos are very beautiful.

lorik said...

I enjoyed both looking at your images and reading about your techniques. I like all of them - the first because it is very dramatic, the second - i love the way you outlined and emphasised the silhouette and left the rest soft. The next one i like the horizontal bands of orange making a pattern against the pattern of the tree branches. And the last one made me smile! Shimmering and light and lots of energy. hmm... i did get carried away a bit then....
Thank you Andrea, for being part of Mandarin Orange Monday:)

Elephant's Child said...

Sunrise is always special - but your really brought out its beauty in these shots. I loved the compilation at the bottom. Something about the colours and the refracted light reminded me of Van Gogh's Starry, Starry Night.

Kaili Williams said...

Beautiful - what a lovely view. I love sunsets & sunrises, although I see more of the former than the latter :)

Healy said...

Beautiful captured..

Visiting from MOM- hope you can stop by..

http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/10/the-big-heavy-pounder-pumpkin.

Liz said...

These are lovely. Visiting late for MOM. Have a fabulous week.

Liz @ MLC
Liz @ YACB

Deborah said...

great captures, great rendering!

Rain Frances Creations ... Rabbits

  Rabbits Rabbit Art Bun was my Granddaughter's rabbit ... sadly he passed away this year.  RIP Bun ... Andrea @ From the Sol