Sunday, August 2, 2026

Sunday in the Art Room ...

 

                           


                                             Sunday in the Art Room






The Old Cook County Hospital ... it still stands and is still in use.  But the archatecture is from way back when ... Beautiful and impressive.  Personally, I love the old, more ornate and artistic archatecture vs the new, modern streamlined versions  ... Do you agree?  


Andrea @ from the Sol

5 comments:

Christine said...

Wonderful architecture!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Lot bigger than our hospital.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Both old and new styles of architecture have their pluses and minuses. Thanks for the ambulance ride -- can I make the siren go again?

My name is Erika. said...

I like some old buildings and some new buildings. But I will say the old style tends to win out more. It's amazing the details you can see if you look, right? I hope you haven't had to go to the hospital though. That would not be good. Happy August.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

There was a time when style trumped efficiency. Now efficiency trumps everything. I mean if you want to fix a reflecting pool, issue a contract with no bidding process to slow things down. That’s efficiency for you! Hugs - David

Sunday in the Art Room

  Ssunday in the Art Room  Just a few Summer Delights :) Andrea @ From the Sol