Thursday, May 5, 2022

Thursday Art Date With Rain ... Planting seeds


 Seeds of Happiness 

"DA Boyz" is what we called our two little brother kitties that were born in our closet way back in 2004.  We rescued their mother who, like many other cats, had been dumped in our neighborhood (we were in an unincorporated area).  Mom was a beautiful seal point and the father was a big old gray male who roamed our area.  Da Boyz is a throw back from when Ditka was the coach of the Super Bowl Champion Chicago Bears (1985). Coach Ditka was known as Da Coach :)

There were Three little boy kittens, Chachi, Fonzi and Teddy.  The mother was named Latte'.  



Chachi, Fonzi & Teddy

Teddy and Latte' found a home with my good friend who happened to be looking for a pet to share her apartment with.
Chachi and Fonzi stayed with us ... and the fun begins :)

Fonzi

Chachi

Da Boyz (left and middle), Teddy and my Grandaughter




The kittens were healthy and playful and Latte' was an awesome Mom.



As they got a little older they became inseparable ...
















Hours of spirited play kept us all entertained ...

Practicing for ...

Gotcha!



If facial expression speaks to you ...




Even on their own, they were a hoot! 












They were both gentle and nurturing with other pets in the house ... Here they made the little Yorky pup we were babysitting feel welcome.  They would even discipline him when he got too wild by holding him down until he calmed down then licking him to let him know he was okay. 



Even with Diva (the Devil Child), they showed patience ...







But time passed.  They got older, lazier and fatter.  They both were diabetic and finally in 2020, we lost Fonzi to cancer.  Chachi is still hanging on ... Old, arthritic and blind, but still loves his life and his food and his newest friend, Buffy (the Dragon Slayer).



Like our Izzi, Da Boyz were the seeds planted in our lives that grew into some of our happiest memories.  We were blessed with all of them and we couldn't love any of them more than we do.  And, this weekend (Mother's Day) I will be visited by my Granddaughter, her boy friend and our new Granddoggie, Mazie ...
Look like anyone you know?  More seeds for more memories and happy moments ...

Happy Mother's Day for all of the Mothers out there :)



Andrea @ From the Sol



15 comments:

Taken For Granted said...

Adorable series of photos of da Boys. Yes, I remember Mike Ditka quite well. His restaurant is still in Chicago.

Valerie-Jael said...

These kitties are so gorgeous, wonderful to see how inseparabled they were. Seeds of joy indeed! Hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you for this beautiful photojourney. Which left me misty eyed and smiling as I remember some of the seeds that have grown into beautiful plants here.

Rain said...

Oh Mazie...♥♥♥ Da Boyz are so cute Andrea...do they ever look like Leo and Baby Oscar, sigh...what a beautiful tribute, I loved reading this and seeing all of the photos! As soon as I saw "Da Boyz" I thought of that Saturday Night Live skit they used to do for "Da Bears"...☺ Btw, the comment limit error message I got...came back yesterday, no clue why because I'd only left one comment. Today so far I can leave comments though! Fingers crossed!!!

Christine said...

Happy Mother's Day Andrea! What a touching look back on these beautiful cats' life journey.

My name is Erika. said...

What a wonderful post. It's hard to see our animal children age, isn't it? But all the good times are precious Chachi reminds me of my Leo who left me in 2014. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm a cat lover and this post tugged at the strings of my heart. What adorable and lovely cats You were truly blessed and I love how you tied this into Rain's theme this week dear, Andrea.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am glad that I am not compelled to decide who is cuter, your granddaughter or Da Boyz. I think your granddaughter might win, and here she is all grown up and coming to visit with a boyfriend. time moves on!

Tom said...

...Andrea, an interesting take on planting seed. May you seeds of happiness always strout. Enjoy your Mother's Day.

Elderberry-Rob said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, I love this post. OUr little cat is just beginning to be our friend, we have had her over a year, gradually gaining her trust (lying on the floor feet away and just touching a finger to a paw for many weeks to begin and then the discovery of how nice it is to have your fur brushed and so on... she still occasionally snaps or jumps but we understand her).

carol l mckenna said...

I did comment on your blog post previously ~ but will do so again ~ (check in spam that google now has in comments )

Just got your comment on my post ~ here is my reply
Mazie is precious and will keep you doggie dosed at your grand daughters ~ Those two cats are wonderful memories and such photos to treasure ~ I hear you about not getting another dog ~I love Angel but have been struggling with some health issues lately and it has to do with the only. med I have taken since 92 and now trying to taper ~ It is not easy ~ but getting there ~ but Angel and I are managing ~

Happy Mother's Day to you ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

A SutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Cloudia said...

God bless you. Thank you for sharing the love

NatureFootstep said...

it is wonderful. Two that acts as one. Almost! Different looks but same ways. :)

You seem to have a lot of the yellow cats. I think in Sweden they are quite rare. :)
Thanks for sharing their history.

Linda Kunsman said...

First of all thank you for visiting my blog, and for your lovely comments. I can tell you are a passionate animal lover as I am too. What a beautiful story and of course I adore all the photos and memories of these precious kitties- and pups:).

Jeanie said...

Biggest sigh. These photos are melting my heart. Your golden boys are dead ringers for my late, great Marmelade Gypsy, the cat I've loved most in this world. He came to us at about eight weeks, dumped, we think. Seeing these kittens and your beautiful bigger cat just fills my heart with memories. I hope they are as loving as Gypsy was.

Rain Frances Creations ... Spoons

Spoons (Background from Google Images) Background from Google Images) What made me think of this nursery rhyme from my youth many moons ago?...