Monday, October 17, 2016

Through My Lens



A Walk Through a New Lake County Forest Preserve ...
Common Buckeye Butterfly


WoollyBear Catapiller






I was taken by the way the trunk of this fallen tree is so twisted.  Can't imagine how that happens.





I live in Lake County where the taxes are exorbitant and it makes me cringe every time I have to pay them.  But when I walk through one of their many beautifully maintained forest preserves, I have the sense that at least some of the money is being used for a good purpose.

Andrea
















2 comments:

Taken For Granted said...

We have plenty of wooly bear caterpillars, but the Common Buckeye butterfly is rare.

Elephant's Child said...

Loved walking with you. I can see a whole lot worse uses for taxes too. I do see worse uses.

Rain Frances Creations ... Appliances

  Appliances One has to stretch the imagination to come up with appliance art.  Sorry, no photos to share this week.  I am not in the habit ...