Sunday, July 26, 2026

Sunday in the Art Room ...





Sunday in the Art Room

Swans 













On Ice











                 

So, as beautiful as they are, they are very territorial and aggresive.  And, believe me, you don't want to be swat by one of those wings.  Their bone stucture in the wings is comparable to a man's arm and they can do a lot of damage if they get you.  Beside that, they are fast on their feet, so running away from them is no easy task.  I speak from experience as we had a pair at the rehab facility (pictured at the top of this post).  You would think that they would be glad to see us when we came to feed them, but no ... I and my cohorts had to run for the gate many times.  Not one of my favorite memories 😁

Andrea @ From The Sol











3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Aren't swans such gorgeous, delightful creatures! Except for the chasing, as shown in your fun art!

Christine said...

Gorgeous photos Andrea!

My name is Erika. said...

These photos are great and I love seeing your running away from them. I don't see swans very often, and they always look a bit off kilter when the stick their tail ends up and heads in the water. But obviously they can do it. Happy rest of your weekend Andrea.

Sunday in the Art Room ...

Sunday in the Art Room Swans  On Ice                   So, as beautiful as they are, they are very territorial and aggresive.  And, believe ...