Thursday, June 1, 2023

Thursday Art & Dinner Date ... Flying Creatures




 Flying Creatures

I have so many bird pictures that I decided to limit them by choosing only those where the birds are in flight ... and yet, I still have so many bird pictures that I have only scratched the surface.  I hope I have gathered a decent selection for today's prompt.

Owls 


American Kestrel 

Eagle 

Peregrine Falcon 

Red Tail Hawk 

Sandhill Cranes 


 
The Great (Sandhill mostly)Migration in Kearney, Nebraska


Egrets 

Great Blue Heron 


Great Blue Heron, Cormorants and a King Fisher 

Canada Geese 

Swans 

White Pelicans 


Seagulls and one Tern 

Red Wing Blackbird 

Humming Birds 

Miscellaneous

Bat 

Viceroy Butterfly
 
Other Butterflies 


Hawk Moth 


Bees 


Dragonflies


Miscellaneous Insects



Art























A pastel by my sister ... years ago :)
So, I hope you were able to find something you liked in this post ... I know, way too much, but it was hard to know what to use and what to exclude.  Good Health and Happy Days to you all ...


Andrea @ From the Sol

8 comments:

Christine said...

These are wonderful Andrea, well captured!

Elephant's Child said...

Lovely, lovely things. Thank you.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am sure you realize, Andrea, that I was squealing with delight over this selection, both photographic and inspirationally created. In terms of photography, birds in flight, to no one's surprise are the most difficult to achieve, and yours are exceptionally clear, and offer many perspectives. I chuckled when I read that you have many more. I know that feeling! Thanks for a wonderful display. Hugs - David PS I have not forgotten that I still owe you a vulture-bedecked sweatshirt picture. It will come.

Tom said...

...Andrea, what a collection of flying critters. It would take me ages to amass this many. Thanks for sharing them and enjoy a wonderful weekend.

Tom said...

...thank you for you lovely comment, but it said that you removed it.

Jeanie said...

I love birds but I have such a hard time getting them in flight. Your photo are really beautiful. I especially love the owls but what a selection -- bugs and butterflies and more! You have a wonderful eye!

Thanks for popping around to Marmelade Gypsy, too! I appreciated your visit and comment.

LA Paylor said...

so much to like in this post... an awe of flying creatures and how beautifully their bodies work for them. Seeing an enormous bird unfurl it's wings, and with a small jump and lifting of wings, takes off. The art is well done too, I found myself going back to the dove, and how the line and shadow created definition light, then darker along the bottom. Subtle.
LeeAnna

NatureFootstep said...

Andrea, your bird photos and the others, are truly amazing. It´s a joy to look through the collection ;)

Rain Frances Creations ... Spoons

Spoons (Background from Google Images) Background from Google Images) What made me think of this nursery rhyme from my youth many moons ago?...