Thursday, February 16, 2023

Thursday Art & Dinner Date! Bread


 Bread
I don't bake so I don't have pictures of delicious kinds of bread to share, but I have an old story to tell ...
When my son was born I used to do little projects with my daughter while he slept so she wouldn't feel left out.  One of those projects was to have her bake some bread (with my help, of course) and I took pictures and made her a little book.  So this is Jackie's Bread story ...


The pictures are a little faded so you might want to click to enlarge ...





That's all I have on bread ... now, let's see if I can dig something up about drinks for next week :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

11 comments:

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely sweet bread post, enjoyed it.

carol l mckenna said...

Adorable little baker sketches ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Gillena Cox said...

Simply adorable. Luv your response to the prompt. Happy Thursday.


Much❤love

Mae Travels said...

How great it is that you saved this little book of family history!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jenn Jilks said...

That is so sweet, the book!

My name is Erika. said...

Oh wow. This book is an amazing story and a great way to remember a loving moment with your daughter. She looks so happy with her finished loaf.

DVArtist said...

This is just so sweet. Reminds me of my brother who baked as a kid all the time and then became a professional baker and chef. Have a lovely evening.

Tom said...

...Andrea, it looks like your daughter had a wonderful and patient teacher. Just what every child needs. Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

Fundy Blue said...

This is a darling post for TADD. What a special time your daughter had while her brother was napping. I love family stories, and I'll bet you've shared this with your daughter over the years. Thanks for sharing, Andrea!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an amazing story of your daughter and your lovely drawings. This was SUCH fun and better than just seeing a loaf of bread.

Rain said...

Andrea that is such a precious gift for your daughter! I love it! ♥

Rain Frances Creations ... Spoons

Spoons (Background from Google Images) Background from Google Images) What made me think of this nursery rhyme from my youth many moons ago?...