Thursday, December 22, 2022

Thursday Art & Dinner Date!


Christmas Scene

These are two of my favorite photos of Christmas Scenes at our Lake House ...  



End of an Era 
Da Boyz
(anyone who lived in Chicago when the Chicago Bears won the Super Bowl will know where the name Da Boyz came from :)
We lost our Fonzi in 2020.  His brother Chachi remained with us until this week when we, out of kindness and love, let him pass to a place of peace and hopefully a place where he will find his brother once again ...


They were sweet cats, Fonzi ever the Alpha and Chachi, Mr. Personality ...


They both cared for each other and together they nurtured any new pet we brought into the house ...

After Fonzi passed, Buffy our little female rescue stepped in to cuddle and care for Chachi ... Chachi was old, blind, arthritic and diabetic but he loved being held and still came to tell me when it was time to eat.  

But as his quality of life waned, we were forced to make the decision that every pet owner dreads ...
We said Goodbye to our adorable, lovable little boy ...

It feels like the end of an Era in our house.  Da Boyz and Izzi were the center of our empty nest life and they will be forever missed ...

Andrea @ From the Sol


 

12 comments:

Taken For Granted said...

Lovely Christmas lights both outside and inside. So sorry to hear of your loss. Despite this loss I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Elephant's Child said...

Tears here. With and for you. Thank you for making that hard (but necessary) decision.

Carola Bartz said...

I'm so sorry, Andrea. Losing a beloved pet - a family member after all - is hard and sad. But you made the right decision for him, and I also hope that he finds his brother again.
I wish you a peaceful Christmas, Andrea.

Michelle said...

So sorry! Pets are family.

Christine said...

Lovely Christmas scenes! Sorry about your cats.

Gillena Cox said...

Merry Christmas Andrea

Much🌲love

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Wow! You really went all out with decorating, Andrea. I have no doubt that Fonzi and Chachi had wonderful, happy lives and the kindness you showed at the end was the continuum of the love and attention they received from the moment they entered your home. The memories will sustain you. It has been such a pleasure to get to know you, Andrea, via this amazing world of blogging, and I send you my love and best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year - David

Tom said...

...it's difficult to have a lose, particularly at the holidays. Merry Christmas, Andrea.

Elderberry-Rob said...

Sorry you are without furry friends, I know how that feels, they ask for so little and give so much in return and when they are gone it's so empty. Blessings to you at Christmas.

My name is Erika. said...

So sorry to hear about Chachi. I had an orange cat I lost in 2015, and I still miss him terribly. Your photos remind me of him. And I also hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Achima said...


Merry Christmas,
I want to share a gratitude to Dr Itua whom cure my herpes and diabetes with his herbal medicine that he prepare and send to me through courier service, Dr Itua is a herbal doctor my friend here in mexico introduce to me that Dr Itua cure all kind of diseases such as HIV, Herpes, Neuromuscular Diseases , Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. then I contacted him and ordered Dr Itua herbal medicine and after drinking the herbal medicines for 30 days I was cured completely, until now I'm healthy and cured completely because of Dr Itua herbal medicines.
Thank you blog admin.
You can contact him by email or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, Whatsapp Number: +2348149277967. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

Rain said...

Andrea, my heart goes out to you for your beloved Chachi. Sending hugs my friend. ♥♥

Rain Frances Creations ... Rabbits

  Rabbits Rabbit Art Bun was my Granddaughter's rabbit ... sadly he passed away this year.  RIP Bun ... Andrea @ From the Sol