Thursday, February 20, 2020

Thursday Date With Rain


Wisdom of the Ages

There is so much wisdom floating around out there, it is hard to know what to draw from.  As I have a smidge of Native American blood in me, I am choosing to share some of the Native American wisdom which evolves from their knowledge and love of the earth and the heavens.

This wisdom is so pertinent to today's political atmosphere where the people only follow those news stations and social media that reflect their views and as a result ... walk in the dark.  It will be our undoing I am afraid.




Sadly our warriors need our sacrifices and too many don't get it ... the suicide rate among out troops and veterans is high and the services needed to help them don't seem to be readily available .


And only man pollutes the air without conscience all in the name of profit ... sadly the skies and the earth will fall victims to our ignorance and indifference.



"I do not think the measure of a civilization is how tall its buildings of concrete are. But rather how well its people have learned to relate to their environment and fellow man."
                                                                                                                                                                      Sun Bear of the Chippewa Tribe

Andrea @ From the Sol


8 comments:

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I am so happy to have got to know you with Indian blood. Wonderful your posting on the topic of Rain. You show me your world what I've only ever read in books.
I wrote how I used it to heal from the past. Thank you
Kind regards Elke

Valerie-Jael said...

Your wise quotes are all beautiful and wonderfully illustrated. The Native Indians loved their land, and cared for it. We should emulate their examples. 'Only when he last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money' is a quote which has always impressed me very much, and is hanging on my wall. Thanks for sharing this deep wisdom with us today, Andrea. Hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

Such powerful, painful truths you have shared.
How I hope that more of us learn to listen, and follow this sage advice. Before time runs out.

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing Native American wisdom with us, I learned something today.

NatureFootstep said...

Andrea, you share much wisdom and lots of beautiful artwork.

I have 2 favorits both as art and wisdom. It is the horseman "Hear all sides", soo important and the face "Only when the last tree" that is what people are doing today :(

Cathy Kennedy said...

Andrea,

What wonderful words of wisdom! I try to soar like an eagle but it's a hard job to get above the storm sometimes. I'm getting stronger with God's help, though. Mankind is his/her worse enemy in many ways. We should always be responsible for our actions. That's goes with taking care of this great blue ball God entrusted us to govern and our hearts to fill it with more kindness and compassion than hate and supremacy. We are all one people and if you believe in the creation like me then we're more than just people we are one family sharing the same world. The Golden Rule from God's word is still a good one to keep, "Do to others as you would have them do to you". Thanks for checking out my Pencil sketches: King Solomon and a sweet, elderly couple. Have a blessed day, my friend!

Rain said...

Andrea I absolutely LOVE your post...every piece of wisdom is part of my belief system. I love the Eagle's advice too. And you are so right about people believing everything the media shoves down their throats. An open mind is a brilliant one...and I also believe an open mind is a mind more at peace. Thanks so much for your bits of wisdom today! Wonderful!!!

DVArtist said...

I love that you went the Native was of wisdom. I was raised by Native people and my husband is Seneca so we live by the old ways as much as possible. Thank you for this post.

Rain Frances Creations ... Spoons

Spoons (Background from Google Images) Background from Google Images) What made me think of this nursery rhyme from my youth many moons ago?...