Thursday, February 6, 2020

Thursday Art Date With Rain


 Dining
I am focusing on my trips to Switzerland and Thailand since I rarely if ever take pictures of my own meals.  Once upon a time I loved gourmet cooking, but when I had children my meals became simple and practical ... hardly Photo worthy.  After my children were grown, I was busy with other things, so my meals remained simple and practical ... still not photo worthy :)  My mother was a real gourmet and she cooked all kinds of fun and different foods.  When I see what Rain cooks for herself and her husband, I think I would love to have her cooking all of that for me ... but, as that will never happen, I am substituting everyone and everything else's dining ... Enjoy :)


Some of you have probably seen these before ... the food was served to us in Switzerland, but I doctored the pictures for a humorous post ... And yes, had Izzi been in Switzerland with me she would have loved one or both of those Sundaes.

 At this market you go from booth to booth and get what you want then find a table and eat.  We ate there almost every night when we were in Phuket because it was so good, especially the fresh fruit smoothies ...

My son was married here in the United states to a beautiful girl from Thailand, then the next year they had another wedding in Thailand for her family.  I was lucky enough to be there and the food was wonderful, mainly because they were kind enough to make some without the hot peppers for me  and my guests, Ha!










As unpleasant as some of these pictures may seem, they are dining in their own special way.  
Bon Appetit!

Andrea @ From The Sol

10 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Loving your take on the dining theme even if some of the meals don't tempt me.
I hope your daughter is doing better.
Hugs.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Andrea! Great idea to show animals feeding, although that snake is hard to watch. But okay, they have to eat, too. Love your photos of the food, it looks good in Thailand, must have been a great trip. I love Switzerland and especially their cheeses! I mostly do snack meals and rarely cook elaborate meals these days. Have a great day, Hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is great the animals how they eat their food!
Your food whether in Switzerland or Tailand is delicious and the dog is fun to see !!!
A wonderful posting about diting!
Have a good week
Elke

Cathy Kennedy said...

Andrea,

Switzerland is a country I'd like to see someday but I'm sure this is just dream,though. I know what you mean about Rain's foodie pix. She always makes me hungry. lol Your snap shoots look pretty good, especially the pizza. I enjoyed all of your photo captures. Great share!

DVArtist said...

Wow this is a wonderful post.Thank you for sharing all the great photos.

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing some of your delicious food travels with us, I fear I may never make it to Thailand, but I have had swiss fondue in Swizerland, rather smelly it was! And our birds have to eat too, beautiful shots.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

A great selection of food. I love all the bird photographs and that one of the snake dining is fabulous.

Rain said...

Andrea I love your pieces...especially the look Izzi ha ha ha, I see that every day from ours too hee hee! And I love the pizza one, is that what you'd do if you could reach into my kitchen through your computer?? ;) Oh I drooled at the cheese plate and I love that first photo!

NatureFootstep said...

Well, I´m not much for food really. On my trips I mostly skip lunch and go outdoors instead. But, I do enjoy your animals. Beautiful and fun. :)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

There's so much choice around regarding food we really are spoilt and what a treat to taste cuisine from around the world. I agree when you have children you tend to feed the needs of others and forget about your own palette. Rains food always looks mouth watering.
I love to see the birds feed, I always offer them a variety of foods, lots of fats this time of year. Scary to see how the snake feeds but we all got to eat.
Creative Sunday Tracey x

Rain Frances Creations ... Spoons

Spoons (Background from Google Images) Background from Google Images) What made me think of this nursery rhyme from my youth many moons ago?...