Thursday, October 24, 2019

Thursday Art Date With Rain


Jack O' Lanterns



This was the first time I had ventured from the traditional Pumpkin face ... It is my dog, Izzi who I adore.  It was more fun than I imagined, but haven't tried anything since.  Maybe this year since I have Poppy and she is a blooming artist.  


The witch was an after thought.  I saw her on the pumpkin stem and couldn't resist embellishing her so you could see her too :) 

These were in the window of an emergency Vet Office ... I thought they were really cute ... someone was really clever.



This will be Poppy's first experience carving a 
Jack O' Lantern ... I am looking forward to what she will come up with :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

6 comments:

Rain said...

Hi Andrea :) OH wow...Izzi's pumpkin is so well done! Lovely! I have some to do next week, I can't wait, though the "cleaning of innards" part of the pumpkin carving I can do without lol...I find it such a slippery chore. And your witchy stem is so original! I've never seen that (ahem, must steal idea...) hee hee. The snake pumpkins are very cute! You "cartooned" Poppy! I love it. Thanks so much for joining in, you have a great Halloween spirit!! :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Andrea, what a fabulous selection of fun Jack o'lanterns. Love the one with your dog's face, just fantastic, and the witchy pumpkin stem is a wonderful and fun bonus! By the was, I often watch the herons here walking through the fields, hunting moles, mice rats and other creatures I probably don't want to know about. And the ravens at the castle ruins go fishing in the Rhine - too funny! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Cathy Kennedy said...

Andrea,

We used to carve pumpkins when our kids were small. Every year, we made our jack-a-lantern Happy. Sometimes, he'd have a toothless grin and others he'd have only one tooth, but usually, his eyes & nose were round like in my illustration. That was a sweet, fun time. I hope y'all have a good time carving a jack-a-lantern this year. Thanks for stopping by today. I can't believe October is nearly gone, can you?

Elephant's Child said...

Loving, as always, your creativity. And awed by it. Also as always.

Christine said...

This is a fabulous collection Andrea!

Beth Niquette said...

I adore how you see faces and then augment them so others can see what you do. Wonderful post! Happy Thursday Art Date!

Rain Frances Creations ... Appliances

  Appliances One has to stretch the imagination to come up with appliance art.  Sorry, no photos to share this week.  I am not in the habit ...