Friday, October 11, 2019

Thursday Art Date With Rain



Horror and Scary



I have never been afraid of clowns, but I have seen pictures like this one that I wouldn't want to meet on a dark street ... :)

This is my first experiment with pastels on black paper, but of course I had to do a little digital adjusting to intensify the effect. 

I sat in front of this fireplace for years and it wasn't until I took this picture of our little Maggie (who seems to be oblivious) that I saw ... well, do you see it?

So ends another week of scary ... two more to go :)  Have a good one, everyone :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

3 comments:

Christine said...

I DO see the scary image in the fireplace, wow! The clown piece is beautiful, it draws me in somehow. I would imagine the pastels would need brightening on the dark paper, well done.

Elephant's Child said...

Clowns don't frighten me - but do discomfort me. Such sad and isolated people.
LOVE your images (as always) and smiled at the oblivious cat. The oblivious and fearless cat.

Rain said...

Hi Andrea!! :) Thanks for letting us know you joined in!! Your artwork is S-C-A-R-Y!!! I LOVE the fireplace ghoul!!! I need to pay more attention to my surroundings, you never know what you'll see!! Very cool. Clowns don't scare me but that one does! He looks too evil! And I love your pastel, I haven't tried pastels on a black background, it looks like fun to try! Great!

Rain Frances Creations ... Disco

  Saturday Night Live There's John ... and then there's Bugs ... You Choose 😁 Disco was a big part of my younger years and I still...