Thursday, September 12, 2019

Thursday Art Date With Rain



Harvest
 A View From My Window 






It is fall and harvest is coming to mind, but not quite here yet in Illinois.  October and November are  the big harvest months ... my picture above was taken in early November of last year.  Corn, however, as long as it is Sweet Corn, is definitely on our minds now .... oh yummmm ! Dripping in butter with a dash of salt and pepper.  We can make fools of ourselves over sweet corn ... how about you?  It is best if you cook it the same day as you pick it ... and , of course, you have to know the right time to pick it.  My father had it down pat, but I leave it to the farmers out here.  We can tell if they know when we buy their corn.  Well, enough said ... looking forward to everyone else's harvest :)

Andrea @ From the Sol  

7 comments:

Pam said...

Loving your harvest art. Nicely done.

Christine said...

Beautiful harvest post Andrea, I noticed you haven't linked to Rain's art coop yet.

Elephant's Child said...

Loving your beautiful pictorial odes to Harvest.

Cathy Kennedy said...

I love fresh corn but has some sensitivity to it so we don't eat it much. I sure do miss it, though. You have me wanting now. Can I come to your house when it's ready? Thanks for dropping by! Nice job!

baili said...

i enjoyed my visit to your lovely place my friend

loved your harvest art absolutely !
i have lots of memories about cor and corn fields being from a beautiful village

Rain said...

Hi Andrea :) Sorry I'm so late in visiting, I had the monthly shopping yesterday and I'm still pooped! :) I LOVE the view from your window, a farmer harvesting...that reminds me SO MUCH of when I lived on Prince Edward Island. That is farming country and I saw machinery in those fields like I've never seen before! And what can I say about your Harvest Moon except that it's SPECTACULAR!! Yes! I guess you nailed the Texture for this one!!! It's really stunning, not just the texture, but the colours!!! I could definitely eat corn slathered with salty butter SEVEN nights a week...I don't think I'd ever get tired of it. Our corn harvest is near the end. I picked up a bunch of ears yesterday to boil and freeze for the winter. Thanks so much for joining in!!! :)

Little Wandering Wren said...

Happy Harvest festival and corn eating. It seems like your harvest moon was very spectacular. Wonderful Thursday Art shares!
Wren x

Rain Frances Creations ... TADD, Boots

BOOTS So, we have boots on the ground all over the world, but no active fighting on our part.  Thank Heaven for peace.   Wish I could say th...