Sunday, August 9, 2026

Sunday in the Art Room ...




Sunday in the Art Room


Some old friends

Screech Owl Grey Morph




                                                        Screech Owl Rufus Morph

I spent time volunteering at a Raptor Rehab and these were two of my little friends. 

Andrea @ From the Sol







7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Now THAT is a fantastic way to volunteer. These owls are amazing. Have a great SITAR, Andrea.

DVArtist said...

First I love the owl on your head. Too cute. The real owls are incredible. How fortunate that you were able to work with such amazing creatures. It is so honorable to work for the safety of animals. Thank you for sharing with SITAR and have a very nice evening.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love the photos of your owl buddies, and the cute art you accompany them with! How special to have gotten so up close and personal with real owls!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your post made me think of a favourite book of mine when I was an adolescent -- "Owls in the Family" by the Canadian author Farley Mowat. It was aimed at teens but charming enough for adults to enjoy too.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

There is a Grey morph Eastern Screech Owl quite close to here. Red morph is present, too, much less frequently. Years ago a pair bred in a tree along a trail behind my house, the male was grey, the female red. It was always great to see them. Hugs - David

My name is Erika. said...

I love your little friends. I am a fan of owls, and I behave some Barred owls who breed and live in the woods around my house. And That's a great piece of art today too. I wonder what it would be like to have an owl sit on your head. Has it happened to the raptor center where you volunteer? Have a great week ahead. hugs-Erika

Michelle said...

Owls are fascinating and I see them on our farm, from time to time. I like your illustrations. Cute!

Friday Face Off ...

                                         Friday Face Off This is the Mr. of the Mr. and Mrs. Kestrel we had at the Raptor Center.  They are ...