Thursday, September 7, 2023

Thursday Art & Dinner Date ... The Wizard of Oz

The Wizard of Oz


Original sketch



Original sketch 




News paper clipping of The University of Illinois Faculty Players in the 1950's ... Dorothy was played by my Mother :)  I know I have told this story before, but after my Mother starred in this play, she received boxes of fan mail and people would stop her on the street and praise her performance.  It was a fun experience for a grade schooler (me).  

Before I go I want to apologize for missing two weeks ... and the worst part is I still haven't finished my project.  Try as I may, it just doesn't seem to want to get done.  So, I am back because I miss you all (and, if I am honest, it wasn't hard to skip the "furniture" prompts  😁)  So we are into fall, but it is still hot and sticky ... I await the fall colors and the wonderful 70 degree weather :) Be well ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

8 comments:

Taken For Granted said...

Today it felt like fall here with morning temperatures in the 50s. Great photo of your mother as Dorthy in the Wizard of Oz. Hope your project goes smoothy. Good to see you back posting.

Gillena Cox said...

Nice art. Luv them all.
Happy Thursday

Much🖤love

Elephant's Child said...

I am glad to see you back. And love your creations.
I hope the cooler temperatures arrive for you. And, off topic, did you get my email?

Jenn Jilks said...

It ha been hot.

Tom said...

...we are "enjoying" some hot fall temps!

EricaSta said...

Yes, autumn goes step by step nearer. Around here we se pumpkins and I like this.

Your drawings are funny and perfect for this season.

Hugs by Heidrun

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Lovely art. Love the drawing of Dorothy and
the witch.
Looking forward to a beautiful fall too.
Best Wishes...

NatureFootstep said...

Hi Andrea. Love the fairytales.
I did not post any Wizards, there will be more of them in a month. :) I think I will try to find a Good witch till then :)

Rain Frances Creations ... Crowns

 Crown (For the love of a tree) More images Description The crown of a plant is the total of an individual plant's aboveground parts, in...