Thursday, September 28, 2023

Thursday Art & Dinner Date ... Keys


 Keys






Alicia Augello Cook (born January 25, 1981), known professionally as Alicia Keys, is an American singer and songwriter. A classically trained pianist, Keys started composing songs when she was 12 and was signed at 15 years old by Columbia Records. After disputes with the label, she signed with Arista Records and soon released her debut album, Songs in A Minor with J Records in 2001. The album became a critical and commercial success, selling over 12 million copies worldwide. It contained the Billboard Hot 100 number-one single "Fallin'", and earned Keys an unprecedented five Grammy Awards in 2002. Her second album, The Diary of Alicia Keys (2003), was also a critical and commercial success, selling eight million copies worldwide and spawning the singles "You Don't Know My Name", "If I Ain't Got You", and "Diary".[8] The album garnered her an additional four Grammy Awards.[9]

Keys has sold over 90 million records worldwide, making her one of the world's best-selling music artists. She was named by Billboard as the R&B/Hip-Hop Artist of the Decade (2000s);[10] and placed tenth on their list of Top 50 R&B/Hip-Hop Artists of the Past 25 Years. She has received numerous accolades in her career, including 15 Grammy Awards, 17 NAACP Image Awards, 12 ASCAP Awards, and an award from the Songwriters Hall of Fame and National Music Publishers AssociationVH1 included her on their 100 Greatest Artists of All Time and 100 Greatest Women in Music lists, while Time has named her in their 100 list of most influential people in 2005 and 2017. Keys is also acclaimed for her humanitarian work, philanthropy, and activism, e.g. being awarded Ambassador of Conscience by Amnesty International; she co-founded and serves as the Global Ambassador of the nonprofit HIV/AIDS-fighting organization Keep a Child Alive.

I have always loved her music and admired her talent.  She sets an example for all of us to reach within and give of our time, hearts and talent to make a better world.  I believe her when she says she is a "Superwoman and I also believe that we all have the ability to be Superwomen in our own ways.  (Sorry Guys ... it's Girls Night Out :)


Andrea @ From the Sol

8 comments:

Christine said...

Fun take on Keys Andrea!

Taken For Granted said...

Fine mix of music and art. Keep up the good work.

Elephant's Child said...

That Amnesty award is very special. We need more people like her.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Any award from Amnesty International has special significance, and she has my deep admiration, even though I have never heard of her! Now, some people might think that I have been under a log, but it’s not true. And some might think it snooty when I say that my musical taste begins and ends with opera and classical music. I listen to nothing else, and my radio is permanently tuned to the two classical music stations in our area. That’s why I am unfamiliar with this exceptional humanitarian. All the best, Andrea - David

Tom said...

...I know her name, but not her music.

Gillena Cox said...

Very clever take on the prompt.
Thanks for dropping by my blog

Much💛love

Rostrose said...

Dear Andrea,
you said that beautifully :-) and I think it's clever that you're taking on Rain's key challenge with Alicia Keys.
I would also like to thank you very much for your lovely comments on my blog. I'm really enjoying it and it's nice that you enjoy my posts.
If you make it to Vienna one day, I will definitely make an strong and serious effort to meet you!
Thank you for your compliments, also for my daughter, my grandson and our guest cat Samia.
All the best and a happy new week
Traude
🍁🌾🌻🪶🍂 🪶🌻🌾🍁
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/09/ruckblick-auf-den-rostrosen-sommer-2023.html

EricaSta said...

Thank you, dear blogfriend for your nice comment, your thoughts. I'm glad you agree with me about value of virtue.

It's a pleasure to read here and hear the music of the wonderful Alicia Keys, this special Song. Yes, we need super women and really they are there in our daily life. Like the Nobel Prize show us this time. I was very happy for this decision.

Big hugs. Have a finde week.
Heidrun

Rain Frances Creations ... Crowns

 Crown (For the love of a tree) More images Description The crown of a plant is the total of an individual plant's aboveground parts, in...