Thursday, May 4, 2023

Thursday Art & Dinner Date ... Emboss





 
Oh what a pain this prompt turned out to be.  I have never embossed anything so I was flying blind.  First, I traced the deer from a picture in a coloring book, then tried to emboss by using pressure on a soft paper ... Well, that worked, except you couldn't see it unless you held it to the light a certain way and you sure as heck couldn't scan it into the computer.  It showed up as a blank page.  So I decided to try embossing with embossing powder, which worked, sort of ... but the sparkles didn't turn out and getting it to show up as embossed after I scanned it turned into a nightmare.  I finally took a picture of it and transferred it from my phone which was better, but still didn't show the embossed antlers.  I had to fiddle with it in PS to get it to work, then I went to Google images for backgrounds and for the "Emboss" sign.  So this is as good as it gets from me ... if there is an easy way of doing this, don't tell me about it because I don't want to emboss anything again ... at least not for awhile. 

Andrea @ From The Sol 


10 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Colour me impressed. As usual.

Christine said...

Well done Andrea! I was feeling challenged too but I found a good video, come visit!

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I like that embossed deer head. He is one handsome buck. And I like how you made the backgrounds too. This is a fun take on embossing. I hope you're having a great week Andrea. Hugs-Erika

kwarkito said...

Beautiful works !

Tom said...

...this week's prompt wasn't easy for me either! What a rack. Enjoy your weekend.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am quite sure, Andrea, that no one is surprised that you rose to the challenge with your normal skill and flare, and created a very handsome fellow. I suspect there are those who would like to be able to do this in real life - although AI may solve that problem for them! Best wishes - David

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

You did really well. They all look wonderful!!

-Soma

Cloudia said...

I really enjoy looking at your art. Andrea. Thank you for sharing

Cathy Kennedy said...

Andrea,

You did fantastic! The point is to have fun. Rain's prompts gives us opportunities to explore areas that we otherwise may not attempt. As you know I didn't even follow her suggestions being short on time. The only embossing I have ever done is with rubber stamping. It's tricky to get the stamped image to really pop. I found ones that aren't intricate designs work best. The real trick is getting a clean image pressed onto the paper before and sprinkling the right kind of embossing powder onto the fresh ink. You really can't tell how it's going to turn out until you add heat to the design. That's when I hold my breathe and cross my fingers for that three dimensional look. Sometimes I'm lucky and other times not so much. :) Have a doodletastic week, my friend!

Fundy Blue said...

Well, you have persistence in spades, Andrea. I've never tried to emboss anything. In fact I had to google it to see what it is. I really like your magnificent buck with such a beautiful rack of antlers. Those antlers would be difficult to emboss, for sure! Happy creating this week.

Rain Frances Creations ... Wheels

  Part of FH's Sinclair Oil Collection Old Art   Can you find 4 cats? New Art Watched the eclipse with my Granddaughter ...  it was awes...