Thursday, December 9, 2021

Thursday Art Date With Rain ... Christmas Past


 Christmas Past

My Scrooge looks too young and not so Bah Humbug, but so be it ... :)
 
And,  I dug out a few old Christmas pictures and some old Christmas cards.  Believe me I could have filled a book , but lucky for you, my time was short ... 

My Christmas cards from Christmas past ...









My Mother always made her own Christmas cards ...
This is Mopsy's Angel.  She ended up showing up in several cards and other places and my mother was known for her.  Mopsy, by the way was my mothers nick name :)

She almost always drew from current events ... if there was something going on that was worth commenting on.   The one above was drawn during an economic downturn and below the inside of the card said " Mini Christmas and Hippy New Year".  
C

We always opened a present on Christmas Eve and my kids always got a new pair of pjs to wear so, of course, they would look awesome when I took pictures :)


That's all for now ... pretty skimpy, but  I still wish you all a wonderful holiday ... now is the time for shopping and cards :)  Stay well so you can enjoy :)

Andrea @ From the Sol




10 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Love Mopsy's Angel.
And the Christmases past that you have shared. I hope that your holiday season is wonderful.

Taken For Granted said...

Love the bird in the Santa hat. Wonderful seasonal image.

Christine said...

Lovely memories of Christmas Past, artistic skills run in the family, your mom's cards are beautiful.

Gillena Cox said...

Lovely Christmas past memoried

Much💜love

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

First, I want to apologize for not visiting last week or two weeks ago. I didn't play last week, but I DID two weeks ago. I wanted to explain I fell late Thursday afternoon and laid on my basement floor for quite some time. When I was finally able to move, I realized I had hurt my back and all I want to do is lie flat on it. Sitting for any length of time puts my back in pain.

Regardless, I feel terrible that I missed visiting you. You always have the best examples of Rain's prompts and I always look forward to seeing what you have created.

I love your look at Christmas past. It's great seeing photos of your children when they were little. LOVE the one with the matching pjs. Sorry I'm late. I was at Rain's before the link went live, and laid down before she added it.

Tom said...

...Andrea, you have so many Christmas memories, the Christmas cards are keepsakes. I hope that you are enjoying these days leading up to the Christmas present.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am quite sure that crafters never throw anything away! I can remember years ago, local primary schools would take Christmas cards that were used for crafting by the kids. That always seemed like a great plan to me. It also exposed them to celebrations like Hannukah in addition to Christmas so it became a bit of a cross cultural exercise too.

DVArtist said...

Very nice post. Have a great day.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Love your Mom's cards.
So many great memories. Lovely.
Merry Christmas!

Rain said...

I loved all of the photos Andrea! Your Mom's art is very cute!!! :)

Rain Frances Creations ... Disco

  Saturday Night Live There's John ... and then there's Bugs ... You Choose 😁 Disco was a big part of my younger years and I still...