Thursday, November 12, 2020

Thursday Art Date With Rain ... Dots and Points


 

Dots & Points


This is a Poplar Tulip Flower I drew with dots in the 70's.  I always loved doing dot pictures back when I had more time to devote to my art.  Now, I guess I don't have the patience to choose to do it with out a push from Rain :)  

This is a perspective drawing I did in an art class in college ... xx number of years ago.  I loved doing dot pictures all the way back in my youth :0



And this is my current effort.  It turned out to be more of an issue than I expected as the red/orange dots turned black when I scanned it in.  I had to dot over it in Photoshop ... ugh.  It was tedious, to say the least.   I think I salvaged it ...

Winter is here for sure and we have finally elected a new President, though the old one is refusing to concede (not a surprise).  Anyway, I am hoping things will pick up now and we will finally get an organized effort to defeat the Corona Virus (starting January 20th).  The end may be in sight since we may have a vaccine in the offing :) Meanwhile, stay safe everyone ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful dotty pieces, the fox is gorgeous. Yes, some people are so mean spirited that they can't admit defeat. I hope things will pick up when Biden is allowed to start work. Stay well and safe, hugs, Valerie

Dawn said...

It may have been tedious but worth the effort, the fox turned out really well. I love it.
Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

Rain said...

Hi Andrea! :) Your piece is so wonderful!!! You did a great job, but I agree, I found it really tedious! Points and dots are not for me! :) I'm glad I can push you to do some art because you are so talented and I love your posts!

Elephant's Child said...

I am blown away (again) by your work.
And hoping fervently for a better year - for the world. Seeing the current incumbent of your White House leave will be a very good start.

Christine said...

Beautiful work with points on dots Andrea, love your pieces.

NatureFootstep said...

Hi Andrea,
your old work is interesting. And your fox is sweet. I like it even if I have to agree, your scanner spoiled the colors a bit.
I have a scanner in my printer but have not used it in years. I always photograph my work. But that is tricky too sometimes if the light is bad and creates reflection.
Take care!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

As I was writing my post this week, I kept thinking of you and how you could see Seurat's famous painting every time you go to the Chicago Art Institute.

And what did you create? Pointillism. I love your beautiful pieces, including this latest one. You not only draw well, you have the patience of Job. These are fabulous, dear Andrea.

DVArtist said...

Ohhh these are simply beautiful. Well done my friend.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Love the first photo and like you nowadays (well probably never) I would not have the patience to make so many dots into a picture. Hope you are well and staying safe. Have a wonderful weekend

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Your earlier work is great and so beautiful, but your fox has become so cute, I love it as you dotted it in color!
I'm happy for you for Biden and hope that the Corona and many other things will improve in the next year.
Take care and have a nice weekend, Elke

Tom said...

...your perspective drawing reminds my of an Escher print that we have in our living room. The vaccine is one bright spot in the darkness of the last four years, but the end is way off and out of sight!

Rain Frances Creations ... Spoons

Spoons (Background from Google Images) Background from Google Images) What made me think of this nursery rhyme from my youth many moons ago?...