Thursday, June 18, 2020

Thursday Art Date With Rain


A Magical World


Like Rain, my magic is in nature.  My mother was a lover of nature and taught me and my sister, not only to be aware of it, but to love it and nurture it.  I have an eye for nature thanks to her ... I see things others don't even notice.  If times are hard, as they are now, I can find solace in a quiet place surrounded by the soft breeze, the smell of wild flowers and the songs of birds even those who's song lacks music.  
When times are good, I seek it out in many different ways, the smell of rain, the star studded sky, the moon in all of it's stages and especially as it reflects off a body of water.  Even my blog name gives homage to the fact that all natural life is made possible by the energy from the sun.  So needless to say, I have many magical world pictures to share.  I will try to pick out some favorites, but I will miss some and run across them later and be disappointed I didn't get to share them with you.  But for now ...A Magical world it is!







































































This last picture ventures from nature a bit, but as we rescued the mother cat from outside and she gave birth to her babies in our closet, it was a natural event and a magical time for my family.  Two of these kittens we kept ... they are Da Boyz (Chachi & Fonzi)that have shared their loving ways with us for 15 years.  We just found out that one of them has cancer and his days are numbered ... so nature isn't always kind, but we will love him until the end and he will have had a good life. 

                                    Mystical Magical Night 
I have so many pictures in my computer it is almost embarrassing, and, believe it or not, in finding my pictures for today I only made it through about one third of them. You may have seen some of them before but, to me, they are worth repeating.  Hope you are all still safe and doing well ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

13 comments:

Taken For Granted said...

Wonderful series of nature photos. Especially like seeing your bird photos. You caught some rare moments.

Gillena Cox said...

I also luv the magic in nature. Thanks for sharing your awesome photos

I am inviting you to join my linky on Sundays where i ask what's your Sunday like

much❧✿❧love

Christine said...

There surely is magic in nature, your photos are stunning, evidently captured by one who truly appreciates its beauty.

Elephant's Child said...

Like you I find solace and comfort in nature.
Thank you so much for all of these photos - heartbalm at its best.
I am so sorry to hear that a furry family member has cancer. I will hold you and him in my heart.

Elkes Lebensglück said...



You found wonderful words, am glad that others feel and think as I do. Your fascinating photos inspire me and the life of the cats has brought the way to you even if it makes you sad that a cat is sick but she had a nice life with you.
The magical world belongs in our life, it is a great honor for you and me that nature has given us!
take care of yourself and stay healthy, hugs Elke

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

What a wonderful collection celebrating nature. The picture of the mother cat with babies is beautiful. I am so very sorry to hear about the kitty. I am glad that he is with you, being loved every single day of his life.

-Soma

NatureFootstep said...

it is pure joy to see your post today. So much magic in nature and you see it!
To name a few things. Love the different "hair does" the birds have :) Especially the egret :)

Take care, stay safe.

Gillena Cox said...

Hi Andrea. Happy you dropped by my blog. Glad i sparked your interest. The lady slipper in the plastic bag is a photo to which i added filters in PicsArt

Much🏜love

Elderberry-Rob said...

what beautiful art work and photography, I love the one of the mother cat near the end of your post - still in the magical theme I think as what could be more so than recreation/birth.

DVArtist said...

Yes it is a magical world we live in no matter what is taking place. Gorgeous photos.

Rain said...

Hi Andrea!!! :))) I LOVE your post, thank you so much for this! You and I are kindred sisters most definitely. The world is a magical place if you can cancel out the noise from humanity's negative side...I'm like you, I can find great peace of mind hugging a tree and listening to the birds sing. My favourite is the owl mamma with her babies.

I'm so sorry about your kitty...I agree, this is when Nature is not so kind. I cannot handle when one of our pets is suffering...I had two pugs, Winston and Spencer. Winston passed away in 2011 and Spencer in 2014. I am still mourning their loss. Pets are sweet, love you unconditionally and are innocent and goofy. They deserve more good years with us...or is that me being selfish?? xxx Sending hugs.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Andrea, you take the most beautiful and incredible photos. I can envision many of those on the front of cards. Many spoke to me. I can see how nature inspires you so much. You certainly know how to capture it. I'm not sure I could pick a favorite, but I LOVE the turtles on the log, the raccoon peeking out of the tree trunk, the owl in flight, and the eagle. You must have a special connection with your camera, too.

I'm sorry to read about your kitty. I lost one to cancer, too. It wasn't a pretty sight and the vet bill about killed me. But, I wouldn't trade those years I had with him for anything in the world. I know you won't either.

DVArtist said...

Ohhh what a beautiful post. Your words and the photos. Have a wonderful weekend.

Rain Frances Creations ... Disco

  Saturday Night Live There's John ... and then there's Bugs ... You Choose 😁 Disco was a big part of my younger years and I still...