Thursday, October 15, 2020

Thursday Art Date With Rain ... Supernatural


 Supernatural

I actually had a hard time figuring out what "supernatural" was.  I looked it up on Google and all they had were pictures of a TV program called Supernatural.  Then I asked around and everyone had a different idea of what would be "supernatural".  So I just sort of  winged it ... enjoy :)
(click on pictures for a better view :)





*******


The two following pictures look supernatural, but aren't ... they exist in our natural world.
If any of you watched the movie "The Black Crystal" you will recognize this face ... if not, well then, it is simply a baby Turkey Vulture in all his little glory. 

This picture appeared on my computer screen(Bing Desktop).
  It is a Blanket Octopus.  I have never  seen or heard of
 anything like it, and it looks supernatural to me.  Apparently they live in the ocean around Australia.  So I am  asking my Australian friends ... have you ever seen or heard of this?

That's all folks ... hope you are finding ways to have fun in your life and can stop focusing on the terrifying world we are living in at the present.  Be safe everyone, stay well ...

Andrea @# From the Sol



10 comments:

Dawn said...

The photo/art piece of the horses is very unique, I enjoyed that very much and the octopus, well...can't say I've seen one of those before but it is incredibly beautiful.
Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

Elephant's Child said...

I have heard of the blanket octopus but never seen one. Someday I hope to.
Love your take on this challenge and hope that glass ceilings can be shattered the world over.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

It wasn't that easy but you managed a posting with great digital pictures and the last two are beautiful photos, especially with this blanket octopus!
Have joy despite what is going on in our world!
Greeting Elke

DVArtist said...

Andrea you nailed it! That first piece took me by surprise and took my breath. The second piece is actually gorgeous. I love dragons and the colors are amazing. Of course the tree is just adorable. I have never seen, in pictures, the blanket octopus. What a beauty. Enjoy your evening.

Christine said...

I also kept seeing the TV program as I googled supernatural so annoying. Nice photos you came up with for the theme!

Rain said...

Andrea, the only good thing about a google search for Supernatural and that show coming up is the hunky guys lol...I love your post today oh that tree!!! That's my favourite! The bird really looks prehistoric! I've never heard of a blanket octopus either! :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I'm late visiting. I had an eye appointment Thursday. Got home and promptly fell asleep, since I'd been up all night.

I have to admit you nailed this one. I love Blanket Octopus and the Turkey Vulture, but I especially like your drawings and photo manipulations. SO much better than anything I could have come up with. GREAT job, dear.

Tom said...

...glass ceiling need to be broken, amen sister!!!

NatureFootstep said...

yepp, the Blanket octopus is for real. Make a search online and chose IMAGES to see lots of beautiful ones.

Love your spooky clouds and dragon.

Taek care!

Cathy Kennedy said...

Andrea,

I apologize for being late to visit but it's been a bit hectic on this end. There are somethings in life that are so odd you'd to think it's supernatural. I guess that's where creative minds get their inspiration for scary movies/TV series. I can see a face in the tree trunk image - very creepy and fun! We're officially on vacation (staycation) but I have plenty of content scheduled to publish. I won't be active in Blogosphere until Nov.2nd, so until then have a good rest of the month, my dear!

Rain Frances Creations ... Rabbits

  Rabbits Rabbit Art Bun was my Granddaughter's rabbit ... sadly he passed away this year.  RIP Bun ... Andrea @ From the Sol