Friday, June 15, 2012

Photo Art Friday


Photo Art Friday


Photo Art Friday, June 15th - 17th

Negative Space ...



This portrait I did last winter.  To capitalize on negative space I used Photoshop "cut out" then Magic Extractor.  The background is Pixel Dust Photo Art's pdpa bleu en bleu with a gradient fill layer at 46%.  I used Stroke Selection for the border effects.

I find this very exciting.  I love photo art work and have dabbled in it on my own, but this gives me direction and I am already learning about tools.  Thank you Pixel Dust Photo Art! 

12 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Thank you for sharing your artwork with Photo Art Friday, Andrea! Love this piece. I especially like how you have not centered the inner border and how the 'negative space' becomes part of the subject/face.

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to see you using your tools to create the artwork that you do. Beautiful job! I am glad you are finding the outlets to share it. I knew a blogcould help lead you there. I am very happy for you.

RoeH said...

Very cool. I'm going to have to try that.

RoeH said...

Very cool. I'm going to have to try that.

Pat said...

This is excellent use of negative space. Lovely.

Ida said...

This is wonderful.

Miriam said...

Lovely, thanks for your recipe, I will give this a try.
http://flic.kr/p/ceDeT5

Josie Two Shoes said...

This looks like photos I've seen etched on glass... interesting process, way over my head! :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life.com said...

Beautiful art Andrea .. you are so talented!

Monica S Engell said...

So cool result! Love the "cut out" effect and your composition!
Have a nice weekend:)

Anonymous said...

I love the effect you've achieved with this image.
Stay inspired!

Kathy said...

Wow...I love it! Great editing.

Capture Life,
Kathy

Rain Frances Creations ... Rabbits

  Rabbits Rabbit Art Bun was my Granddaughter's rabbit ... sadly he passed away this year.  RIP Bun ... Andrea @ From the Sol