Tuesday, May 15, 2012

World Bird Wednesday



Enjoy and Participate!

I love the Red Wing Black Bird Families.  They come to my feeder in hoards ... I call them my Bully Birds.  But, what I love is when I go to the wetlands where they nest and sit and watch them on the reeds.  Males are notorious for dive bombing intruders, but they are used to me coming now.  Sometimes a male will come and hover over my head, but then flies back to guard the nest.  Unfortunately I can't see the nests.  they are way down in the reeds, but I see the babies when they start coming to the feeders with Mom & Dad.  Next years even bigger hoard of Bully Birds ... oh my!





















That's All Folks ...

18 comments:

Brian King said...

Wonderful shots, Andrea! I like how they perch on the reeds. And the females are just a pretty as the males.

Carletta said...

An excellent series of shots!
I'm impressed you got the wingspan with the colors showing - wow.

Karen said...

One of my favourite birds! Great shots!

Unknown said...

Great captures!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Dina J said...

You got some great shots! Love that split legs postition.

Modesto Viegas said...

Very good series!!!

theconstantwalker said...

Wonderful images to see.. I love the spread legs holding the reeds.

mick said...

Great photos and how lovely to be able to watch the blackbirds at the wetlands where they nest.

fjällripan said...

Oh you captured some really greatlooking birds!! Well done :)

Springman said...

Not an easy bird to photograph, these RW blackbird pictures are gorgeous!
Cheers!

Elephant's Child said...

Oh. Just oh. They are so beautiful. Thank you.

NatureStop said...

Wonderful shots!!!Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

Shantana

Anonymous said...

One of Bill's favourites!

Arija said...

Great shots amongst the reeds. Not at all easy but so well done.

Arija said...

Great shots amongst the reeds. Not at all easy but so well done.

TexWisGirl said...

i love those 'splits' shots. :)

Carole M. said...

fabulous photos; adore the red-wings!

Josie Two Shoes said...

Breathtakingly beautiful!

Rain Frances Creations ... TADD, Boots

BOOTS So, we have boots on the ground all over the world, but no active fighting on our part.  Thank Heaven for peace.   Wish I could say th...