April 25, 2012
You took me by surprise Denise. I came over to your blog to congratulate you on receiving the Sunshine Award and as I read, I saw "From The Sol" as receiving the award from you. What a beautiful way to start my day. I have been beaming since I saw it. Thank you so much ... it means a great deal to me especially since it came from you.
The rules for this challenge include answering the following questions:
1. Favorite color - Blue and Green
2. Favorite Animal - I don't know that I can choose one over another. I love animals in general. I have one Mini Aussie, who I adore and four cats that I adore. Each is different and each is special in their own way.
3. Favorite number - 9 has a significance in the study of numerology as it relates to nature. It suggests the aspects of healing and understanding.
4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink - It is a toss up between Vitamin water and coffee. Probably depending on the time of day, if you get my gist ...
5. Facebook or Twitter - Facebook
6. My Passion - Photography is the symptom of my passion for life. My effort to capture the beauty of nature, the kindness, gentleness and sometimes sorrow of mankind. An effort to savor all that I love and share it with those that I love.
7. Getting or Giving Presents - In general I would say that I prefer the giving of presents, tangible and intangible, but today I have to speak of the joy I experienced when Denise gifted me with this award. Sometimes someone will give you the opportunity to see yourself as others see you and how good it feels to know that someone gets me.
8. Favorite Pattern - This one makes me have to think. There are many patterns in nature that enthrall me ... the intricacy of a spider web for instance, but I have to say that the patterns that evolve on a bird, made up of thousands of perfectly matched and designed feathers, have to be, to me, the most amazing and beautiful patterns in nature.
9. Favorite Day of the Week - This is going to sound strange but here goes. Monday is my favorite day of the week. I am retired so my life does not evolve around weekends. For some reason Monday seems to be the day that is always open for me to choose what I want to do that day. So when I check my calendar on Monday to see what is happening this week, the rest of the week is usually full, but not Monday :)
10. Favorite Flower - This is easy. My favorite Flower is the sunflower. It always seems to be happy and busy with bees and birds and other insects interacting with it. It stands out because of it's size, but it also projects the feeling that it is an extension of the Sunshine that feels warm and protective ... a symbol of what is good in life.
Five Blogs I will be passing this award on to:
1. McGuffy Ann @ McGuffy's Reader
2. Creat With Joy
3. Pine River Review
4. Dina's City Wildlife Adventures
5. Elephant's Child